Repairs, installs and performs preventive maintenance on all production equipment to ensure that such equipment is in good operable condition at all times. Uses electrical and mechanical expertise to trouble shoot, repair, install and perform preventive and interactive maintenance on all production equipment accessories to ensure that all equipment is in good operable condition at all times.
- Installs, operates, maintains, checks and trouble-shoots all types of A/C and D/C electrical equipment. Installs, trouble-shoots and repairs solid state and electronic equipment.
- Installs, operates, maintains and checks all types of mechanical equipment as directed.
- Inspects machines, takes any required test and completes reports and paperwork as required for company record.
- Monitors and ensures compliance to the food safety program requirements.
- Read and make proper installations of semi-complex electrical circuits from wiring diagrams as instructed.
- Diagnoses and employs proper procedure of troubleshooting to determine when parts need replacement and when repairs are necessary.
- Dismantles, repairs and re-assembles gear boxes, fans, conveyors, blowers, compressors, pumps, valves, furnaces, drives and all applied mechanical equipment when directed or when directly related to electrical trouble shooting.
- Dismantles repairs, and re-assembles electrical motors, relays, timers and all applied electrical equipment.
- Installs and repairs electrical conduit, cables, piping, tubing including all necessary connections, controls and grounding as directed.
- Helps maintain spare parts inventory for plant as directed by checking out parts from parts mezzanine, using parts ordering procedure, and re-stocking inventory.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- HS or GED is required
- Vocational/Technical education preferred
- Industrial Maintenance/Electrical experience required
- 4-7 years of experience in a mechanic role, preferably in a food manufacturing facility.
- Electrical Work Certification Preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILSS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of pneumatic systems
- Knowledge of fume/dust collectors
- Knowledge in plumbing
- Knowledge in electrical circuits
- Ability to read semi-complex schematic diagrams and assist in troubleshooting systems.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical and mechanical prints, use simple shop math and possess knowledge of local, state and federal codes.
- Knowledge of Mig/Tog & Arc welding equipment
- Knowledge of gas cutting equipment and plasma cutting equipment
- Knowledge of power tools such as drill presses, cut off saws, lathes, mills, and portable table tools, and hand tools
- Knowledge of electrical test equipment, such as voltmeter, ohmmeter, ammeter