- The Mechanical Engineer will work with other Engineers and internal associates to define specifications develop conceptual and final design solutions, manage and coordinate project activities, support existing processes, and manage capital projects.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates engineering work including capital projects and maintenance technical assistance, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and PIM Brands standards
- Ensures the effective communication and coordination between all departments and project participants.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure the requirements of projects are met.
- Utilizes technical knowledge and awareness of details to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate corrective actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in mechanical process design including mechanical specifications, material selection CAD design, and detailed process drawings.
- Design, implement and test new processes to achieve desired features and specifications.
- Document designs changes and additions for improves processes in the facility
- Interface with other company departments to ensure effective communication of new process development and continuing engineering activities.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
- Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP#39;s.
- Monitors budgets and tracks trends
- Participates in project meetings and meetings with outside engineers and contractors.
- Coordinate and follow up on engineering deliverables.
- Process status reports and change orders.
- Provide technical solutions that support business needs in areas of safety, quality, sanitation, cost and environmental issues.
- Execute resource conservation projects that drive cost savings and compliance.
- Develop and execute the best technical solutions.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and crouching. Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls. Lifting and moving of objects weighing at least 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and considered to enable an individual to perform the essential job functions.
Job will generally be performed in an office and plant environment. When on the plant floor, it is representative of a large, busy manufacturing operation. Noisy, active, objects on the floor, constant movement and traffic flow of motorized equipment. Hair net, beard net, assigned work uniform, protective eye wear, ear protection and gloves are among the GMP required apparel that must be worn, if indicated, on the plant floor. Instructions shall be available setting out how all tasks critical to meeting customer specifications, the maintenance of food safety, quality and process efficiency is to be performed.
- BS Engineering degree Masters preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience required; food manufacturing experience highly desired.
- Competency in packaging and process system design required.
- Proven track record of managing medium to large projects is essential.
- Proven core competency in planning, budgeting, schedule tracking and management cost control is needed.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Power Point and Microsoft Project required
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must possess strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills are necessary as is the ability to identify root causes and associated solutions.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at various stages of completion and meet project demands and deadlines.
- AutoCAD skills and proficiency highly desirable