· Responsible for the management of personnel. tools, material and production in the plumbing/assembly department
· Responsible for quality and accuracy of fabricated items
· Perform mechanical assembly work on larger scale machines.
· Fit. Align, and adjust components and assemblies within close tolerances.
· Assemble product based on information translated from job orders, work instructions, procedures and drawings.
· Be able to read and comprehend engineering drawings.
· Keep work areas clean in appearance.
· Be able to multi-task through a variety of job orders.
· Create reports as directed by assembly supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
· Successfully read and understand various schematic layouts.
· Must be able to use a large variety of small hand tools such as screwdrivers, socket wrenches, torque wrenches, and must be able to use mechanical measuring tools such as calipers and micrometers.
· Debug systems with mechanical assembly and controls.
· Use analytical thinking to understand the controls assembly and end-product assembly processes.
· Preferably, is willing to engage in ongoing education and is interested in continuous improvement.
· Previous work in a quality-controlled setting.
_ Must have experience in leading a fabrication team, process or department
· Must have at least 2 years of experience in large component assembly.
· Must be able to interpret and layout jobs based on mechanical design.
· Must possess their own tools.
· Must be able to lift 40 pounds, properly.
· Must be willing to work over overtime as needed.
· Must possess quality communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must possess sound problem-solving skills.
· Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently.
· Must be able to work well with minimal supervision.
· Must exercise team effort to achieve success.
· Must demonstrate respect for peers, subordinates, supervisors and customers.
· Must be able to understand and follow instructions.
· Must fully understand and adhere to maintenance, safety, and quality processes and procedures.
· Must be able to maintain a good attendance record.