2nd Shift - Hours 2:00 p.m.- 10:30 p.m.
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity with a progressive team of professionals in a growing company?
The Maintenance Technician II directly supports daily plant productivity and operations. This position performs routine maintenance, preventative maintenance, servicing, and repairs on all food processing and packaging equipment utilizing a variety of hand and power tools.
In addition, this individual ensures that all HLF Good Manufacturing Policies, food safety/quality regulations and Safety Rules are consistently met.
Ensure quality and safety standards are met
- Responsible to know, understand, and comply with all HLF Good Manufacturing Policies, Food Safety regulations, and HLF Safety rules.
- Ensure equipment and surrounding area is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Required to use proper safety gear when performing assigned tasks.
- Responsible for set-up of assigned machine(s) to ensure daily production goals are met.
- Responsible for coordination of product change-overs to maximize line efficiencies.
- Assist with trouble shooting to ensure minimal down time as well as preventative maintenance tasks.
- Verify that lines are supplied with necessary components to meet daily production schedule.
- Reading and understanding product, packaging and labeling specifications, ensuring concise compliance with those specifications) including the operations of specific pieces of equipment utilized to package product.
- Works with minimum supervision and exercises independent judgment.
Required skills, qualifications, and experience
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic systems
- Read & understand electrical drawings
- Strong mechanical knowledge of gear and motor principals and operation
- Preventive maintenance procedures
- Industrial controls
- 5+ years in an industrial environment in a mechanical or related position
- Industrial equipment repair
- Mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems repair
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds frequently, 70 lbs occasionally
- Requires constant movement and monitoring
- Required to climb stairs and ladders to access elevated platforms
- Demonstrated good hand/eye coordination
- Loud noise exposure
- High School diploma or GED required, 3-4 years experience in a related field.
- Degree from a vocational school/college in mechanical or electrical field preferred.
- Work overtime as needed as well as mandatory overtime as required
In return for the experience you bring to the table, you will be given the opportunity to join a
progressive, growing organization that has seen its revenue grow 270% in the last six years to a
Offering a competitive compensation package coupled with a bonus, benefits and retirement
plan, this is a chance for you to take the knowledge you#39;ve acquired in your career to date and
have a real impact on the business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran, or marital status, genetic
information or other protected status, covered by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
High Liner Foods participates in E-Verify
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor#39;s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)