Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Mechanic is responsible for diagnosis, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in the plant.
The maintenance personnel must be able to work in different environments, problem solve, and use tools and equipment appropriate for each job. Work will vary from day to day depending upon the needs of the plant to maintain production. The mechanic must be self-motivated, able to complete jobs in a timely manner and must be able to work productively with other employees.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery and write work orders for follow-up in computer.
- Install facility machinery as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair facility machinery.
- Write and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Communicate with operators, supervisors, or other maintenance workers to diagnose problems and repair machinery.
- Order parts as needed.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety policies and procedures in a manner that will minimize the interference with production operations and that maintains product / ingredient quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a mechanic.
- The ability to diagnose mechanical problems and make repairs.
- Knowledge of standard materials, tools and equipment, and skill in the use and care of tools.
- All selected candidates will be required to pass a written, standardized mechanical test.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in both a one-on-one and a small group situation.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply, understand, and carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Manual dexterity required to operate machinery and computers.
- Willingness to work off shifts as needed. (Primary shift will be 2nd or 3rd).
- Advanced skills (Journeyman level) in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulic, & Pneumatic Systems, Plumbing, Carpentry, and Piping Systems.
- Working Conditions:
- Working Conditions are typical of a food processing environment with manufacturing processes:
- Frequent walking is required
- Usual noise level in the work environment is 79-94 db
- Have the ability to lift occasionally 100 lbs. from floor to shoulder height and 25 lbs. overhead, frequently lift and carry 50 lbs. up to shoulder height.
- Ability to push and pull 100 lbs. occasionally, be able to lift, climb a ladder, crawl, kneel, squat, bend, twist occasionally, and must be able to reach at or above shoulder height, stand and walk frequently.
- Occasionally exposed to hand vibration when gripping, frequent firm gripping is required, gross and fine hand motor skills are used frequently.
- Must demonstrate neck and shoulder range of motion to allow him/her to reach and see overhead and to the floor, and be able to work in constricted areas
- Able to drive a cart or the lift
- Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, earplugs, and safety harness.
- Job duties listed but not limited to. Must be able to use micrometers and calipers to measure with, lifting, welding, hydraulics and pneumatics back ground, rigging, fabrication, and rebuilding pumps, gearboxes and equipment.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.