The right candidate will be skilled at maintenance and repair of all fish processing machinery including Angelus 60L Seamer; experienced in work with a team to complete projects; have experience with maintenance tasks requiring general knowledge of welding, electrical, machine milling, and plumbing.
- Observe safe work practices and wear or use required PPE at all times while working.
- Examine parts and materials for defects.
- Maintenance and repair of Angelus 60L Seamer and processing machine and equipment.
- Close cooperation with the cannery’s QA department to ensure seam integrities are consistently being met.
- Work cooperatively with the production department to provide a continuous flow of product through the plant.
- Assist with the completion of a precise end of season inventory of canning equipment and parts.
- Assistance with other plant and company projects as assigned by the Cannery Production Manager.
- Install or replace machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand or power tools.
- Examine and test machinery, equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
- Adjust, maintain, and repair tools, equipment, and machines.
- Clean or lubricate vehicles, machinery, equipment, assemblies, instruments, tools, work areas, and other objects, using hand tools, power tools, and cleaning equipment.
- Assemble and maintain physical structures, using hand or power tools.
- Tend and observe equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operation.
- Apply protective materials to equipment, components, and parts to prevent defects and corrosion.
- Identify, diagnose & repair mechanical & electrical problems and perform minor plumbing & welding repairs.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in the fishing industry highly preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in working in a diverse work environment.
- Basic computer skills sufficient to keep and update required data.
- Demonstrated team skills.
- Demonstrated willingness & ability to learn.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated excellence in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive demands.
- Demonstrated problem diagnosis & problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to work overtime as requested.
- Able to live and work in a remote location.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with little direct supervision.
- Must be professional at all times and represent the Company with the highest standards.
- Prompt and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must apply and complete an application online (not a guarantee of employment)
- Have a valid photo identification and US employment authorization
- Have an original Social Security card (for payroll purposes)
- Speak and understand English (for safety reasons)
- Pass a background check and drug test
- Complete a post offer medical placement questionnaire
- Must observe COVID-19-related policies and procedures. https://www.ppsf.com/uploads/pdf/working-conditions-in-kingcove-during-the-pandemic-kc.pdf
- Must be able to work in a remote area of Alaska. This position is in King Cove, Alaska approximately five months per year (April through August).
Salary commensurate with experience.
While in King Cove, Alaska, all meals, airfare from point of hire, room and board are provided.
Peter Pan Seafood Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.