Work with inventory control processes, procedures, and production planning for accurate recording of all relevant transactions using the M aterial R equirements P lanning system to keep business running effectively. Use sound judgment and discretion in making important and timely purchasing decisions, including production planning, inventory control, and purchasing functions. Responsible for the raw material ordering for the plant in which assigned. Meeting attendance in the plant is required to drive collaboration with plant and operations personnel to meet the production schedule demand as well as team-driven problem solving in the event of a disruption in supply of raw materials or production challenges.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Customer /Inventory:
- Check inventory levels for upcoming runs
- Effectively communicate with customer in regards to raw material requirements and shortages
- Production Planning:
- Check current raw material inventory for production requirements
- Order raw materials, and coordinate deliveries
- Assist Master Scheduler in scheduling production
- Assist Sales with order sizes and revisions.
- Raw material/packaging problem solving and resolution to maintain production schedule
- Monitor inventory and reorder levels of all raw materials
- Assist Sales and Operations in the prevention and disposition of obsolete inventory and aging items
- Work with Operations to manage warehouse space and organization
- Coordinate with operations in regards to issues relating to packaging, material transfers and work-in process
- Run weekly aging report to identify any raw material inventory that is getting old. Then devise plan for this inventory before it expires.
- Place vendor purchase orders using ERP system.
- Organize Vendor product information.
- Schedule deliveries of raw materials utilizing a JIT delivery system.
- Ensure proper paperwork accompanies products delivered (i.e. Certificate of Analysis, Bill of Lading, Truck Seal Numbers, Purchase Order Numbers, Etc.)
- Work with Sales dept. for sourcing new items and pricing.
- Responsible for commodity pricing and contract negotiation of certain raw material items.
- Notify Purchasing Manager of significant price changes.
- Plant requisitions
- Maintain vendor information and notify appropriate parties of any new vendors or vendor changes
- Act as backup for other purchasing agent as needed.
- Must be available to take calls and handle inventory issues after business hours and on weekends.
- Occasional travel required to other plant locations
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required).
- Education level: Minimum high school diploma required; Associates degree in Business or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience: One to three years minimum experience in inventory control, purchasing, supply chain management or production planning fields. Alphia experience preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner
- Basic math skills to include ratios, percentages, addition, subtraction, etc.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. The phrases "occasionally," "regularly," and "frequently" correspond to the following definitions: "occasionally" means up to 25% of working time, "regularly" means between 26 and 75% of working time, and "frequently" means 76% and more of working time.)
The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel, to manipulate keys on a keyboard and view data on a computer screen. The employee is occasionally required to stand, climb stairs, walk, reach with arms and hands. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Normal amount of overtime or extended work hours required. Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic, plant background noise). The job is performed under a generally hazard free environment.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.