Griffith Foods is a global manufacturer of food products. We provide a wide range of taste and texture components for food industry customers throughout the world. Our products include seasoning blends, dry mixes, coating systems, dough blends, crumbs, flavors, sauces and food bases that are used in an extensive variety of application from snack foods and processed meat and poultry to ready meals. Our customers include food processors, restaurant operators and grocery retailers. While our name may not be familiar to consumers, our products are key components of foods offered by many of the world s best-known companies.
Location: Alsip, IL
Summary: To plan and maintain proper inventory levels of purchased materials to support desired Service level and net working capital guidelines. To secure the arrival of all our required raw materials on time and in full in accordance and supporting demand and production schedule.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read and analyze MRP requirements in order to firm Purchase Orders.
- Maintain optimal raw material inventory levels through the correct use of Planning and inventory Parameters.
- Participate in the periodically revision of planning and inventory parameters (safety stock, lead time, minimum order quantity, maximum order quantity, etc.).
- Active and formal communication with the Scheduling department to exchange information on open orders#39; delivery status to fulfill the production schedule compliance.
- Attend and execute internal customer#39;s urgencies in demand variations by expediting raw materials.
- Avoid RM shortages that affects production schedule.
Vendor Interaction & Management:
- Develop Supply agreements for selected purchasing categories along with purchasing team and vendors to ensure the Supplier performance (OTIF), tandem activity with purchasing team.
- Communication with vendors about service level performance and needs of corrective action plans on raw materials claims and rejections, tandem activity with purchasing team.
- Co-leader in the Vendor Evaluation Process to analyze, integrate and support Suppliers performances indicator, tandem activity with purchasing team.
Other Related Activities:
- Support consignment inventory strategies through the proper execution of the related activities.
- Participate in the Sales and Operations Planning Meeting (S&OP), focus on RM availability and potential stock out risks.
- Periodically review at risk/slow moving inventory to uncover inventory that may expire before being used and suggest a disposition.
- Bachelor s degree, Supply Chain related.
- 3-5 years in Supply Chain environment.
- APICS/ CPIM certification is preferred
- ERP & MRP experience is required.
- Experience in Manufacturing companies/ environment is required.
- Food industry experience is a plus.
- Must be PC literate and Proficient in MS Excel.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have strong negotiation skills.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability