To plan and maintain proper inventory levels of purchased materials to support desired Service level and net working capital guidelines. To secure the arrival of all our required raw materials on time and in full in accordance and supporting demand and production schedule.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read and analyze MRP requirements in order to firm purchase orders.
- Maintain optimal raw material inventory levels through the correct use of Planning and inventory parameters.
- Participate in the periodically revision of planning and inventory parameters (safety stock, lead time, minimum order quantity, maximum order quantity, etc.).
- Active and formal communication with the Scheduling Department to exchange information on open orders#39; delivery status to fulfill the production schedule compliance.
- Attend and execute internal customer#39;s urgencies in demand variations by expediting raw materials.
- Avoid RM shortages that affects production schedule.
Vendor Interaction & Management
- Develop supply agreements for selected purchasing categories along with Purchasing Team and vendors to ensure the Supplier performance (OTIF); tandem activity with Purchasing Team.
- Communication with vendors about service level performance and needs of corrective action plans on raw materials claims and rejections; tandem activity with Purchasing Team.
- Co-leader in the Vendor Evaluation Process to analyze, integrate and support suppliers performances indicator; tandem activity with purchasing team.
Other Related Activities
- Support consignment inventory strategies through the proper execution of the related activities.
- Participate in the Sales and Operations Planning Meeting (S&OP); focus on RM availability and potential stock out risks.
- Periodically review at risk/slow moving inventory to uncover inventory, which may expire before being used and suggest a disposition.
- Associate degree is required; Bachelors degree in supply chain is preferred.
- 3+ years experience in a material planning, production planning/scheduling or similar role is required.
- ERP system knowledge is preferred.
- No prior food industry experience is required.
- APICS/ CPIM certification is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Excel & Outlook.
- Effectively communication and negotiation skills.
- Must have an attention to detail.