Shearer's is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Material Planner - Monday- Friday Days
The Material Planner will be responsible for creating & managing purchase orders, controlling inventory levels, and maintaining service level goals. Individual should have experience in material sourcing, planning and buying. Purchasing experience for a food/beverage manufacturer is a plus! Ideal candidate will possess knowledge of systems related to raw material planning, production scheduling, quality control, cost reduction, inventory control, etc. This position requires a person with proven oral and written skills along with interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Your seat at the table
• Coordinate activities involved with creating, verifying and tracking purchase orders.
• Develop communication relationships with key suppliers.
• Expedite materials and supplies as necessary to assure daily production schedules are met.
• Minimize on hand inventory levels while maintaining service levels.
• Identify cost saving opportunities.
• Sends releases to the suppliers.
• Runs shorts reports and resolves issues.
• Escalates any issues that impact production.
• Manages RMA process and requests credit from suppliers.
• Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the company.
What you bring to the table
The qualified candidate will possess and display the following skills and personal attributes:
• BS Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in purchasing, forecasting and inventory planning
• Detailed working knowledge of MRP.
• In depth knowledge of material management processes.
• Strong analytical and Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel and related applications).
• Strong written, mathematical and reasoning skills.
• Excellent communication skills: written and verbal.
• Ability to adapt well to change.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Practical, cross functional experience in many of the following areas:
o Planning and Scheduling in a manufacturing environment
o Customer Service
• Ability to develop a detailed understanding of manufacturing capabilities and capacities.
• Proven ability to work cross functionally in a collaborative and integrated operating environment.
• Experience with ERP tools preferred.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!