Supply Chain Planning
Job Posting Title:
Manage the replenishment process of all raw and packaging materials to support the Kenosha Dry Dinners business to include: review material requirements, issue release orders, expedite shipments, support the supplier optimization, quality improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Complies with and supports all company policies and plant rules and procedures, to include Safety, Quality, GMPs, and General Work Rules.
- Review DSRP generated materials requirements and associated shortage reports.
- Daily review of VIM discrepancies and resolve issues with AP and Warehouse.
- Identify purchasing issues related to order minimums and communicate to corporate buyer as needed.
- Coordinate logistics of Dry Dinner components as applicable
- Review SAP ME58 requirements, manage CO24 shortages and run ZFCST reports.
- Work with warehouse and supply chain to confirm inventory when discrepancies are identified.
- Issue release orders consistent with DSRP/SAP requirements to insure timely delivery.
- Expedite shipments from suppliers as needed to meet production schedules.
- Work with Production Scheduling to make necessary adjustments to schedules based on availability of supply.
- Work with the Procurement Managers to insure contract information is current.
- Work with suppliers to identify and implement floor stocking, inventory replenishment and consignment opportunities.
- Manage communication on deliveries and supply issues to all stakeholders (i.e. Scheduling, Warehouse, Buyers, Production, QA, etc.).
- Attend the Daily Production Communication meeting (11:00 am) to report issues/status.
- Provide analytical support to Buyers for strategic planning.
- Support Procurement Managers in use of SAP and other analytical tools.
- Support Supply Chain by completing primary backup responsibilities for indirect purchasing role.
- Facilitate the return of defective materials with the vendors. This includes placing the return orders, communicating with the vendor to arrange the return.
- Run forecasts to analyze months on hand inventories. This information will be presented in obsolete inventory management meetings.
- Compile offline vendor inventories on a weekly basis. This information will be used to submit orders for direct materials.
- Planning and timeline input to support to marketing items in launch.
- Daily follow up with vendor and logistics to track down past due POs.
- Other duties may be assigned
Skills, Experience and Education: (List or check the Minimum requirements for skills, experience and education for this position. Note: Education which is Preferred may be listed on the line provided below.)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities (List all required):
- Communicate with all levels of management and subordinates using both verbal and written formats.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of organization, including vendors
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Education: Associate Degree
Minimum Experience Preferred (Number of years and type):
- Bachelor#39;s Degree preferred and minimum of 3-5 years of Purchasing/Supply Chain experience. Must be willing to attend Supply Chain continuous education seminars or class work as needed.
- Previous experience with SAP strongly desired.
- Proficient with Excel/Power Point/Word and Access to include use of pivot tables. MS Office. Proficient use of computer programs and software.
Physical Activity/Working Conditions: (May apply to plant/warehouse positions)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, stretch, stoop, bend, and use hands and fingers. This position requires the employee to be able to read, write, and communicate orally in English. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.