Want to deliver the Ultimate Chocolate Experience?
Click Apply to get a taste of how sweet a career at Godiva could be.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Supply 031 skids of candy and supplies to packaging line to keep line running efficiently.
- Notify leader of potential problems to prevent down time.
- Communicate with set up for placement of skids, and possible changeover.
- Order and record supplies, communicate their availability, and verify correct MOA and quantity received.
- Record 031 product and day code in recall book.
- Record quantity of excess candy and supplies, and return to proper storage areas.
- Weigh and record pig scrap.
- Record return to vendor; and count and return unused supplies and recycled cardboard to warehouse.
- Check line for product fulfillment and help locate products as required.
- Wrap completed skids of product, verify and place production ticket on skid, and transport skid from pallet lift to distribution pick up area.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Train new employees as required.
- Comply with all safety policies, report safety violations, and attend safety meetings.
- Maintain home department in a clean and orderly manner.
- Perform other related work duties as requested by leader / supervisor.
- Required to work until end of production shift daily.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to add and subtract three or more digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10 s and 100 s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving many concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, handle objects, or tools or control. Reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
COMPREHENSION AND MEMORY SKILLS
The employee must be able to read a posted area schedule and be able to remember what items are running as well as the upcoming schedule. Must be able to know what those schedule changes involve and plan accordingly, both from a candy and materials standpoint. Must be able to read a Bill of Material, verify proper materials as well as amounts needed.
This position requires some mechanical aptitude.
This position requires the ability to operate electric pallet jack, and qualify for license
REQUIRED EXAM COMPONENTS:
Pre-Assignment: Math Test, Physical Ability Test, HACCP Test
Periodic/Annual: Fork Lift Training, Electric Fork Lift Licence, Audiometric Test
Godiva and affiliates, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.