The material handler, is an integral part of company operations as it is usually the first set of eyes in our quality processes.
- Receive, inspect, assist, prepare or open various forms of raw materials - drums, tankers, pail etc. using tools and approved methods per Quality Assurance and material handling guidelines
- Lift and unload heavy products, both by hand and by machine, and assist to safely relocate them elsewhere in the warehouse or prepare them for production
- Facilitate and maintain a safe work environment committed to the best practices in the industry
- Perform quality inspections of materials, ensuring that the descriptions are accurate, and complete as requested
- Keep the work area organized and tidy and implement general housekeeping practices to maintain workplace cleanliness
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance, warehouse and other staff and communicate on any quality issues
Performs other duties and in other areas as assigned.
- High school degree or GED
- Experience preferred but not required, in forklift, pallet jack and other heavy equipment operation
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., stand/walk continuously and perform physical tasks
- Basic math, writing and oral communication abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction as well as an effective team player.
- Time management skills