The Material Handler feeds materials into or removes materials from machines or equipment that are automatic or tended by other workers.
· Inspect materials and products for defects, and to ensure conformance to specifications.
· Remove materials and products from machines and equipment, and place them in boxes, trucks or conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
· Push dual control buttons and move controls in order to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment.
· Identify and mark materials, products, and samples, following instructions.
· Load materials and products into machines and equipment, or onto conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
· Clean and maintain machinery, equipment, and work areas to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
· Weigh or measure materials or products to ensure conformance to specifications.
· Fasten, package, or stack materials and products, using hand tools and fastening equipment.
· Record production and operational data, such as amount of materials processed.
· Add chemicals, solutions, or ingredients to machines or equipment as required by the manufacturing process.
· Must be able to physically perform the functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions
· Must possess visual acuity to document company records
· Must be able to lift 40 pounds
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Ability to understand oral and written instructions in English
· Work well in a team environment and have strong communication skills
· Ability to work extended hours while standing
· Good job performance and attendance records