Job Posting Title:
Material Handler - 3rd Shift
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives production orders and plans day to make sure that materials are delivered promptly from warehouse to line to ensure that production standards are met. Remove and replace unused material. May move product or supplies to and from other warehouses.
- Ensures customer orders are filled correctly by accurately reading production shop order sheet, noting special instructions and color pen designation. Fill out paperwork as per procedures.
- Prepares stock for shipment by securing product with stretch wrap slip-sheet or pallet product.
- Transports product from production floor to trucks or warehouse using forklift or slip sheet lift.
- Loads trucks by hand or with forklift according to truck loading procedures.
- Properly fills out load tallies according to procedures.
- Removes trash product from oven and production floor and move to waste dumpster.
- Maintains material handling equipment by completing pre-use inspection; making operator repairs such as changing batteries.
- Ensures good manufacturing procedures by following housekeeping standards and assisting in sanitation duties as needed.
- Ensures efficient and quality production and positive employee relations by complying with all employment policies, rules, regulations, safety procedures, good manufacturing procedures, product protection standards and actively participating in all training requirements.
- Additional Tasks: Contributes to team effort by performing other assigned duties as needed. Maintains cooperative relationship with coworkers and management by communicating necessary information, responding to requests, building rapport; and participating in problem solving methods. Follows and enforces standards for food safety and food quality production reflected in SQF as well as the regulations of major vendors and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA and EPA and assures associates are consistently trained in these standards and comply with all requirements
Essential knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
- High School, technical school education or equivalent.
- Ability to be organized, multitask and keep up with multiple fast-paced machines.
- Mechanical ability to run equipment and use small hand tools.
- Basic math and measuring ability.
- Mental alertness to identify and react to machine process, quality issues and safety issues such as lock out/tag out.
- Ability to comprehend written and oral communication and apply commonsense understanding to carry out and follow instructions and standard procedures.
- Ability to read production orders and machine specifications.
- Ability to use computers for data entry.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to communicate information one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Ability to keep up with fast-paced conveyor line.
- Ability to drive forklift and to pass in-company forklift driver training program.
- High degree of attention to drive safely required to prevent injury to others.
- Mental alertness to identify quality issues.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, taste, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level is representative of a production environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.