The mission for the Master Production Scheduler is to organize, prioritize and maximize quality food production through the food processing plants by efficiently planning, managing and implementing a successful food production schedule. If you have the experience and are excited to deliver high-level time management, prioritizing and planning skills, this is the role for you! Strong communication and collaboration are key. In this role, you will also be interacting with several departments, clients and vendors to ensure the safe and quality expediting of all IQF, canned and aseptic food processing at our plants. We offer Certified Organic, Sustainable and Conventional Purees and IQF fruits, vegetables, grains and legumes.
Family owned since 1985, Stahlbush Island Farms is an environmentally friendly farm and food processor in Corvallis, Oregon. We grow high quality foods using innovative farming practices. We even make our own electricity! Our biogas plant, the first of its kind in the U.S., converts all of our agricultural waste into electricity, generating twice the amount that we need to run the farm. If you have a thirst for knowledge, like to learn new skills, work well in a team atmosphere, have a passion for creativity and innovation, then Stahlbush might be the place for you!
We are always looking for motivated, qualified individuals to join our family. We offer a competitive starting salary, a benefits package, matching 401k, company store and much more.
OUTCOMES - Master Production Scheduler
- Create and schedule yearly, monthly, and daily production plans, based on client and company need
- Schedule and manage annual plant crop planning that facilitates production needs and that optimizes production vs. cost to produce
- Schedule and manage annual pack plan and provide the production needs to the crop planning team to ensure we meet customer orders
- Monitor upcoming crops to ensure reduction in production plan changes
- Communicate with the Raw Product Department to achieve effective strategy in scheduling
- Communicate with the Plant Department to achieve effective strategy in scheduling
- Communicate with Packaging to ensure we have sufficient packaging materials to move forward with schedule plan
- Implement systems and procedures to improve visibility, transparency and real time updates of the production schedule to relevant departments
- Schedule and lead timely meetings that incorporate appropriate departments to fulfill the mission of the role
- In conjunction with Maintenance Lead, develop and adhere to an annual preventative maintenance schedule
- Collaborate with the Maintenance Department as needed for scheduled maintenance and equipment repair.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with multiple departments to fulfill the mission of the role
- Perform other duties as assigned as Master Production Scheduler
QUALIFICATIONS - Master Production Scheduler
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural economics, horticulture, crop science or similar field required
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in production scheduling in a food processing environment
- Understand and have experience in packaging, production, maintenance and raw product processes
- Ability to work as a leader and in collaboration with other teams and individuals
- Should be familiar with GMPs, HACCP, FSMA, SQF
- Strong Excel skills required
- Microsoft Office or project planning software preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred as Master Production Scheduler
The statements made in any and all of the position postings are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Stahlbush Island Farms, Inc is an equal opportunity employer, focused on the employment and advancement of all applicants and colleagues for employment and promotion without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Stahlbush Island Farms is an equal opportunity employer, program auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.