The Master Planner is a key member of the supply planning team who is responsible for understanding and modeling the available capacity of the manufacturing facilities to meet the requirements of the demand plan. The Master Planner understands what capacity is, how much is available, how much is required, and how to balance priority and capacity. The Master Planner balances production across the network and constrains the monthly demand plan with available capacity based on cost, targeted DOH inventory, labor, plant run-rules, and sequencing rules in combination with discrete resource capability in an iterative process. The Master Planner presents the results of the constrained models to senior and executive management in S&OP meetings clearly conveying the “pinch-points” while offering alternative solutions to achieve the plan. The Master Planner works cross functionally gathering key information from demand & supply planning, marketing, finance, and actively participates in a major corporate imitative that implements both new supply chain process and SAP APO SNP PPDS software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain process maps and understand the facilities process and resources.
- Maintain the Capacity Planning models in the SAP APO SNP
- Gather, review, gain consensus and maintain the run rates, downtime and production hours for the SAP APO SNP tool.
- Maintains master data elements within SAP APO SNP (lot size, Safety stock, DOH, etc.) and becomes expert user in SAP tool to assist production planning
- Reviews, communicates, and interprets the output of the capacity and inventory models to management, translate the models and data into presentations for upper management and for the S&OP meetings to relay the information to anyone who needs to see the data.
- Prepares “what-if” unconstrained/constrained analysis on “upside” volume to determine whether or not volume can be achieved.
- Leads New Product, Product Conversions, and Discontinued Items process for Supply Planning - determine run out timing for discontinued or converting SKUs, determine cost implications for discontinuation prior to all ingredient and packaging has been consumed.
- Help the organization achieve desired metrics on KPI’s such as customer service level and fill rates, DOH targets, Inventory turns, etc.
- Assesses current processes and recommends and implements improvements.
- Facilities downtime plans with key members on the pre-build needed to support the time down and hold meetings to ensure the plan is being met.
- Responsible for the egg, potato and cheese equivalence report in preparing the gap to production and egg supply for the production managers and upper management.
- Responsible for reporting out warehouse inventory levels and STO projections on a monthly basis.
- Work with marketing/sales and R&D to determine timing/priority for plant trials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 15-20%.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in inventory planning or manufacturing, strong background in mathematics and statistics.
- Working knowledge of SAP SNP and ERP systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft products suite with advanced capabilities in Excel.
- Must understand the theory of constraints, process mapping, capacity modeling and network optimization Detail-oriented; self-motivated; a strategic, logical and analytical thinker.
- Ability to focus on business process and project goals. Able to prioritize to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to analyze information and provide fact-based recommendations.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to interact with all functions of the company required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Master’s degree
- Advanced knowledge of both demand and supply planning as well as the S&OP process
- APICS certification
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all the duties associated with this position.