$70,000 - $80,000
Chief Accounting Officer
The Master Data Governance Lead will have primary responsibility for establishing and leading Teasdale’s data governance operating model, best practices, data quality rules, definitions and strategy; this role requires experience in a central governance office program, as well as strong communication and change management skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with Data Governance Steering committee members to further hone our Data Governance Framework and Operating model
- Drive the first stages of implementing a Data Governance Operating model
- Facilitate sharing and adoption of data governance best practices
- Work with business and technology subject matter experts to define and establish data quality rules, definitions, and strategy
- Develop and deliver training materials for business members tasked with governance duties and provide them ongoing support
- Collaborate with technology leadership to ensure data quality and availability
- Lead Data Governance Working Group meetings
- Apply strong critical thinking, analytical skills, and high attention to detail in solving problems
- Become a valued thought partner
- Work collaboratively and build strong relationships with business partners
- Remains updated with processes, flows, capabilities, and limitations of our various data domains.
- Stays current with all key regulatory guidelines and impacts to data domains.
- Visits facilities, as needed, to review processes, further establish relationships, and ensure Teasdale data governance needs are met.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Organizational Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Planning.
- Maintains positive and can-do attitude and approach to work.
- Aptitude to tackle and manage projects, independently, from start to completion.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Fosters open, honest, and direct communication, while maintaining sensitivity to confidential information.
- Provides clear, succinct, and relevant written, and verbal, communication.
- Collaboration and ability to work with multiple constituents (effectively working within, and outside, formal lines of authority).
- High comfort level, working with a rapid pace.
- Must be a leader and able to motivate others.
- Capacity to recognize areas of need across the company.
- Excellent recordkeeping and documentation skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally within the organization.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities although this individual will be leading / supervising a Data Governance Working Group.
This job operates in an open office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position may require 5 and 10% travel to plant facilities to better collaborate with data stewards.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven project management and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the organization.
- Strong communication skills and the Ability to explain complicated information to both technical and non-technical partners
- Ability to build relationships with, and provide thought leadership to a wide range of business partners across business functions and levels including Senior Management
Preferred Education and Experience
- Consumer Products / food manufacturing environment.
- System experience with Deacom, Domo and Catalyst.
- Experience in master data governance, data strategy or related field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America. All candidates are subject to a pre-employment drug screening and a background check.
Teasdale Latin Foods is a Drug-Free Workplace and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Teasdale Latin Foods complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Teasdale Latin Foods expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Teasdale Latin Foods’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.