Summary: The core responsibilities of this Marketing Research Manager are to ensure the quality of ad hoc market research projects and to optimize decision making by the appropriate use of Market Research results and insights for our businesses in the different countries of this perimeter (US and South American countries: Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, and Chile).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Working under the guidance of the Market Research Director (based in France) will be required to support against the following key business measures
1. Leading ad hoc market research projects
• Contribute to clarify marketing challenges and market research objectives
• For each project, define a market research plan and a suitable and consistent methodology, in line with Group Lactalis best practices, and choose the appropriate agency
• Provide expert technical support in the implementation of research projects (samples, questionnaires, materials, etc.) and supervise the quality of services provided by the agencies
• Make sure results are understood and used internally in the best way
2. Consumer insight expertise
• Contribute to marketing developments, upstream and downstream of market research studies, using his/her consumer knowledge: brand positioning, innovation
• Develop consumer learning papers crossing various information sources, and recommending strategic solutions based on consumer/shopper understanding
3. Contributing to the central research missions
• Carry out Group Lactalis reporting and on-going planning and follow-up of market research activities and budgets
• Contribute to the central thinking of the global market research department for the ongoing optimization of processes and tools Requirements
- Ideally candidate would possess a Bachelor’s Degree from 4 year college or university in Marketing or other related field.
- Five to Six years of related experience in a research agency or ideally, both in an agency and in a Consumer Packaged goods (CPG) company.
- Experience working in an international context would be helpful
- Must be fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese: ability to read and challenge technical documents (research proposals, questionnaires), to attend focus groups, and to take part in marketing meetings
- Reasoning ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. At ease with basic statistics and quantitative data. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Communication skills: Ability to present research key learnings, consumer insights, and trends in front of a large audience; capacity to defend point of view and convictions
- Be involved with rigor (respectful of process and timing), accountable
- Dynamic and proactive to push projects
- Ability to be part of a team, and to work in a multi-functional networking environment, open-minded, and able to adapt to foreign working cultures
- Regular trips to LATAM countries and several trips per year to France (approx. 3 day trips twice a month); may also need to travel to field locations across the US.