Our Market Sales Representatives are Dawn#39;s bakery success consultants. They ensure their customers are able to successfully leverage the most profitable solutions within Dawn#39;s portfolio of products and services. Market: Central East Washington (Eastern Pierce County)
Dawn Market Sales Representatives (MSRs) are responsible for developing customer relationships and delivering mutually profitable sales activity within the defined territory. This is an exciting customer-facing role that is expected to provide exceptional service, product knowledge, and customer satisfaction. Successful MSRs achieve results through developing and maintaining consultative partnerships, effectively addressing bakery customer needs by identifying profitable opportunities with existing customers and successfully prospecting new accounts.
Dawn#39;s MSRs are outside sales representatives responsible for managing a territory that is directly associated with a distribution center and greater commercial region. Within their territory, they are focused on promoting Dawn#39;s products, services, and expanded portfolio of bakery solutions. Dawn#39;s MSRs report directly to a Market Sales Manager (MSM) and are compensated within the parameters of a commission plan.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with baking industry customers
- Provide on-site consultation and sales expertise
- Achieve profitable sales growth within an assigned territory
- Develop and maintain profitable sales activity through prospecting new customers, penetrating existing accounts, and minimizing lost business
- Calculate margins, negotiate terms, and prepare estimates and bids using Dawn#39;s pricing models to meet specific customer needs
- Represent, explain, and promote the entire Dawn value proposition
- Understand, explain, and implement Dawn#39;s credit policies and terms with customers
- Remain aware of and navigate relevant regional market conditions, product trends, innovation, and competitors#39; products and activity
- Document sales funnel activities and utilize enterprise CRM (Salesforce)
- Maintain a collaborative approach across teams and functions to build sales for the region, remain on budget, and maintain efficient costs
- Perform associated administrative duties, such as maintaining accurate sales records, preparing reports, and filing expense reports
- Demonstrate Dawn#39;s Values and support the Dawn Circle of Excellence
- At least 3 years#39; of previous customer-facing, outside sales experiences
- Successful consultative sales experiences within B2B foodservice or similar distribution models
- Working knowledge of bakery products, ingredients, raw materials, and baking supplies
- Working knowledge of bakery operations
- Motivated self-starter able to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Able to effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues and customers
- Able to engage others while maintaining a personable, consultative approach, and superior customer service
- Able to read, write, verbally communicate, and comprehend the English language
- Able to effectively manage time within a schedule of competing priorities and tasks
- Able to understand and calculate sales and margins
- Demonstrative ability to navigate multiple software applications, user interfaces, and digital technologies
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Motivated by results, execution, and a "finish line focus"
- Valid Driver#39;s License and safe, satisfactory driving record (MVR conducted)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be able to satisfy pre-employment testing (drug screen and background check)
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, and/or Culinary Arts or equivalent experiences
- Prior experiences performing within a commissioned pay structure
- Working knowledge of digital CRM solutions (i.e., Salesforce)
- Enhanced understanding of and/or hands-on experiences with bakery products, raw materials, and baking supplies
- Enhanced knowledge of and/or hands-on experiences within bakery operations
- Bilingual capabilities (i.e., Spanish) for an expanded customer base
Here at Dawn, our crisis management team is meeting regularly to assess our response to COVID-19. As part of this, we are looking at potential changes in our interview and onboarding process, as your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We encourage you to check back frequently and know that recruiters will be in touch with candidates as needed. We appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Dawn Family and will continue to make updates as new information becomes available.
Dawn Recruitment Team
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.