Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
We are building a competitively advantaged Campbell Snacks Sales organization with snacking talent, capabilities and accountabilities. Guiding our path to excellence is our Sales True North compass which reflects our values, who we are, what we do and the unique value we bring to the market.
Who are we? – Indispensable partner that drives profitable growth as one team
What we do – Grow faster than the competition every store, every day
Unique Value – Build and ensure execution of great plans + DSMP (Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, Pricing)
Our Values – own it like a founder, dare to disrupt, seek the power of different, do right and be real
Integral to this team is the Market Sales Lead (MSL) who is responsible for the growth of sales and the development of our Independent DSD Partners (IDPs) . The MSL will communicate sales, stale and service targets and merchandising objectives to assigned independent distributors as well as support Zone Sales Manager (ZSM) at regularly scheduled workshop meetings to improve operational expertise of the independent distributor. The MSL is responsible for establishing and maintaining a high level of relations with our Independent DSD Partners (IDPs), retail stores management and key customer decision makers.
- Execute distribution, merchandising and promotion priorities against targeted goals and in line with specific customer expectations.
- Schedule and conduct weekly route rides to provide coaching on improved selling skills.
- Execute store evaluations monthly to highlight strengths and opportunities with 30% of the evaluations conducted on the weekend.
- Ensure service levels meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Sell incremental placements, point of sale and displays throughout the store.
- Perform required resets.
- Develop strong relationships across multiple levels of the store personnel.
- Establish, and maintain, call frequency on major chain supervisors to support sales and service levels.
- Collaborate across the organization to deliver results.
- Understand the consumer and customer variations across multiple classes of trade. (Convenience, Mass, Grocery and Drug, etc.)
Independent DSD Partner (IDP) Development
- Schedule effective weekly communication to manage execution of mod compliance, planners and display programs. Ensure all independent distributors are aligned on annual targets for sales, stale, service and distribution targets.
- Build IDP capabilities to achieve objectives/targets and to secure necessary resources and alignment.
- Manage implementation of tools, resources and technology to improve the efficiency of their operation and provide the opportunity for incremental service. Act as key liason between the ZSM and distributor.
- Frequently share market information with all IDPs and assist them on problems and opportunities.
- Lead and inspire new IDP through effective onboarding procedures and activities.
- Conduct 2-week onboarding and set up for all new distributors to review procedures, process and service requirements.
- Conduct actual physical inventories for each targeted distributor annually. Verify physical inventories for each IDP by the 3rd quarter of each fiscal year.
- Act as key liason between the ZSM and distributor.
- Frequently share market information with all independent distributors and independent business owners and assist them on problems and opportunities.
- Reinforce and mutually develop joint goals through the JVP process.
- Identify potential future IDPs for routes.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with IDPs (Full day route riding & frequent route operations skill sharing)
- Deliver gross revenue target
- Contribute to ACV display gains in key accounts and region geo
- Selling and negotiation skills
- Leverage technology to make informed business decisions
- Establish strong selling relationships with key retailers and divisional leaders of top accounts within zone
- Execute route addition goal
- Conduct min quarterly JBP sessions with IDP
- Identify & create strategy to influence worst performing IDP results vs opportunity
- Conduct weekend store evaluations a minimum 1x per month
- Operate a route on a as needed basis (emergency situations)
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Years of relevant experience: 0-3
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated and effective team member
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Problem solving skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Must have strong technical skills: advanced excel, powerpoint
- Leadership skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and effective team member
- Experience with technology and ability to learn iPad business applications
- Working knowledge of MS Office to include PowerPoint, Excel. and Outlook
- Travel as needed
- Must be able to relocate as required
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.