McCormick & Company, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor and seasonings industry, is seeking a full time Market Research Manager. This new hire will work in our Global Headquarters located at 24 Schilling Road, Hunt Valley, MD. The Market Research Manager will report to a Market Research Sr. Manager.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better ™
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
The Consumer & Market Insight Manager will be responsible for leading consumer insight and business analytic related activities across designated businesses within McCormick#39;s consumer and foodservice portfolio of brands. The individual in this role, as a key member of cross-functional Business Teams, will be responsible for bringing the consumer perspective to life and having an intimate understanding of the consumers we serve. He/she will also be charged with influencing business partners to act upon the insight and knowledge generated by their efforts to make informed business decisions and deliver against critical business objectives. This position will report into the Senior Manager, Consumer & Market Insight.
- Guide brand strategy and product launch plans by synthesizing consumer, analytic, market and competitive insights and recommendations.
- Enable a culture anchored in consumer learning and understanding, and not simply about creating yes or no decisions.
- Develop and execute consumer learning plans that identify and address knowledge gaps and critical business priorities
- Lead consumer and analytic projects specific to business area of responsibility, with particularly strong emphasis on identifying innovative methods and approaches that promote deeper levels of consumer understanding
- Discover meaningful insights and uncover new business opportunities (i.e. unmet consumer needs) by staying on top of relevant marketplace trends
- Manage consumer insight budget, secure funding for major strategic projects identified, negotiate for key resources as needed to meet business objectives
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in Marketing, Economics, Business or related discipline
- 5+ years of Consumer Products Marketing Research experience
- Proven Project Management Leadership experience with demonstrated success in prioritizing and balancing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of business analytics and syndicated services (i.e. POS and panel applications)
- Proficient knowledge of a variety of qualitative and quantitative consumer research methods
- Ability to integrate and synthesize learnings from primary and secondary research into compelling insights and actionable business recommendations
- Ability to translate complicated information into compelling deliverables that inspire action
- Demonstrated ability to think innovatively and connecting the dots where others cannot when it comes to understanding consumer needs to create meaningful insights for the business
- Effective consulting and interpersonal/collaboration skills
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Food CPG and/or Foodservice background
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.