Big Easy Blends is looking to add an entry level Manufacturing Project Engineer to the team. This is a full-time position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need a BS Degree in engineering (mechanical preferred), industrial technology or similar field or equivalent experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short and Long-term disability
- Employer paid life insurance
- Develop Manufacturing Work Instruction Packages.
- Perform process tryouts; root cause and corrective action; evaluate process certification gaps and recommend actions plans to achieve Cpk values.
- Evaluate Manufacturing processes and recommend/implement process improvements.
- Design tools or fixtures, create tool notifications, and perform tool application studies.
- Revise work instructions to incorporate Engineering Changes.
- Resolve manufacturing issues; and act as manufacturing liaison for engineering team.
- Perform delivery assurance expedite hardware, resolve technical issues.
- Participate in manufacturing reviews and complete assigned action items.
- Assist the Plant Engineer with project management tasks including budgeting, project timelines, etc.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production operations and machinery.
- Experience with design software (AutoCAD, Solid Works, CREO)
- Must have solid project skills, work well under pressure, and flourish in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Attention to safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
- PLC programming experience is a plus!
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in engineering (mechanical preferred), industrial technology or similar field or equivalent experience.
- 1 - 5 years experience in manufacturing - (internships and co-op experience is considered)
- Must be able to move and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat/crouch, climb, kneel, and twist.
- Must be able to work efficiently in an indoor plant environment with temperatures ranging between 30- and 90-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able and willing to work nights, holidays and weekends when necessary.
$70,000 -$75,000 per year