Date: Nov 16, 2021
Location: Erlanger, KY, US, 41018
Company: Perfetti Van Melle
Perfetti Van Melle - one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of confectionery and chewing gum with global brands that are being enjoyed in more than 150 countries worldwide - is seeking a Manufacturing Production Manager to join our Operations Team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Production Manager directs and coordinates all production activities, with strong safety leadership, for the manufacturing of high quality product at optimum cost to meet required sales needs. The Production Manager will plan resources, communicate objectives, and lead the execution of the production plan for all production lines. The Production Manager will collaborate with other plant leaders in growing and improving standards and processes. Specific responsibilities for this role includes:
- Motivates, supports, and provides guidance to production team members, including Value Stream Supervisors.
- Directs production staffing planning activities, as well as the production spending budget for production related tools & supplies, to meet safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
- Maintains high standards for safety, quality, and plant cleanliness.
- Establishes and executes training & development plans for the production team.
- Leads problem-solving, and improvement initiatives to close gaps for KPIs.
- Upholds plant standards & ensures accountability for production team.
- Implements TPM/Lean continuous improvement best practices, coordinating with C.I. Manager.
- Coordinates with safety, quality, maintenance, HR, continuous improvement, & training leadership to develop, improve, and implement standards.
- Participates in long-range strategic planning for key operational initiatives & equipment/facility improvements.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of manufacturing experience, ideally in a food manufacturing environment.
- Prior leadership experience, guiding teams to achieve business objectives.
- Previous supervisory experience including employee hiring, engagement, coaching, development, performance reviews, and discipline.
- Knowledge and experience with relevant food manufacturing requirements: OSHA, FDA, GMPs, HACCP, and other applicable regulations.
- Knowledge and experience with manufacturing best practices: TPM, Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement.
- Excellent communicator: oral & written. Communication style able to flex to audience ranging from delivering presentations to executive team to engaging in conversations with team members on the plant floor.
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills. Acts as servant leader to team.
- Strong organizational skills, follow through, and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to serve as a change agent, to effectively communicate and champion changes.
- Analytical skills, using data to prioritize, focus efforts.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, cost and employee relations.
- Ability to delegate responsibility and authority necessary for the department to function effectively. While retaining overall accountability for results.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Perfetti Van Melle we have a core value of Care For Our People and we are proud to offer benefit programs that support our team members goals and well-being. We offer competitive pay and great benefit options. Join the Sweet Life by applying today!
Perfetti Van Melle, USA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati