Founded by Eric Lecoq in 1991, we are the preeminent manufacturer of fine French pastries in the US.
Intense focus on innovation, investment in state-of-the-art equipment, and an uncompromising commitment to the highest quality in ingredients, together with artisanal know-how and respect for tradition, are the secrets to the creation of our exquisite pastries.
Our amazing people#39;s inspiration and dedication are what brings it all together. Their enthusiasm for the product and commitment to delivering the very best French pastries translates into an unforgettable experience for your taste buds.
The same principles of quality, high standards, and precision are found throughout the organization in everything we do. If you have a passion for excellence, an innovative mind, and pride for things well done, we#39;d love to meet you.
Responsible for evaluating existing processes and creating and implementing manufacturing methods and systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability, and develop best practices within the production procecess.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems. Identify inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvements to quality, production rates, safety, machine layout and workflow, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Improve process capabilities and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards. Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process, and develop innovative solutions. Search for best practices and innovative solutions which improve production and quality rates.
- Create, configure, and develop new industrial processes and design new process plants and equipment, or modify existing ones. Collect data required to make improvements and modifications. Develop and implement metrics to monitor and improve performance of processes.
- Ensure that equipment works to its specification and to appropriate capacities, and Investigate and troubleshoot plant/process problems. Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with environmental, health and safety legislation.
- Create and oversee standardized production procedures and work instructions. Train Production Managers and Supervisors.
- Create and manage process documentation and operating instructions; maintain all documentation for products, such as work instructions and revision drawings.
- Interface with suppliers regarding the manufacturing process. Research, purchase, and participate in the installation of new manufacturing technology, liaising with installation/project engineers and specialists.
- Work in conjunction with all plant engineering disciplines, R&D and customers to support new products and new manufacturing technology platforms in operations. Perform new product and raw material testing.
- Schedule and coordinate work to meet deadlines and budgets. Ensure projects are completed on time.
Education and Experience:
5+ years of working experience as a Process Engineer in a process manufacturing setting.
- Bachelor#39;s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or related field. Master#39;s degree preferred. Lean, Six Sigma, CQE, or CQM certification required. Black Belt a strong Plus.
- Expertise in Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing quality, and product development.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Excellent technical and project management skills, and strong communication skills.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Willing and able to maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Lecoq Cuisine provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.