At Johnsonville, we use our business to build our people. If you#39;re passionate about making a difference, we want you to help make our products, our processes, our communities and each other better. Wisconsin-based Johnsonville is the No. 1 national sausage brand enjoyed in 45 countries. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. and Alice Stayer, our company is 2,000 members strong and remains privately owned today. Come join our family-owned company!
Johnsonville Job Posting
Our manufacturing Members are the heart of our organization. As part of the production team, you will take pride in ensuring we make only the highest-quality, most consistent and craveable products for our customers and consumers. There are several manufacturing roles available:
Sanitation: Delighting our consumers starts with immaculate facilities. As a member of Johnsonville s sanitation team, you ll ensure that our facilities are cleaned in accordance with strict procedures to meet or exceed our high sanitation and food-safety standards. You ll work with chemicals, hoses, lifts and other equipment.
Machine Operators: play a key role in making great tasting Johnsonville sausage. Machine operators use a variety of equipment including grinders, blenders, stuffers, wrapping machines, packaging machines and ovens.
Packaging members: are responsible for sorting, packaging and weighing the quality Johnsonville products made by our manufacturing team members. You ll play an important role ensuring every product that leaves our facility meets our high-quality standards.
Third shift roles have a shift premium of $1.25 per hour!
Why This is a Great Job...
You Get to...
- Develop your personal and professional skills on a continuous basis to ensure you are fully developing your God-given talents
- Consistently manufacture great tasting sausage products according to specifications that are enjoyed by millions of people around the world
- Work with a team to obtain superlative performance results in safety, quality, member development, OPE, yields, and other efficiencies
- Be a part in making Johnsonville the Best Company in the World through active participation in our daily GRILL meetings and project teams
- Set goals and objectives through a Personal Development Commitment; both personal and as a Team Member to achieve "superlative" performance in order to support The Johnsonville Way
- Act like an owner: create ideas, own projects, lead other members and etc.
- 1 years manufacturing experience preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong math background is required
- Must be able to complete production documentation paperwork accurately
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Maintain all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Take ownership for your own personal safety and the safety of all Members working around you
- Ability and openness to work in other production line/rooms within the facility when this specific line is not running production. Willing to work in a refrigerated environment (less than 40 degrees)
- Necessity and ability to learn and share learning with others
- Must have the ability to maintain a cooperative and positive attitude on the job
External Applicants: Ability to pass a pre-employment, post offer drug screen, physical and background check.