Overview & Responsibilities
Within General Mills, our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents and it is every employee#39;s responsibility to fully support this vision. Line Technicians are hired as members of a manufacturing team. They are responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of various processing and packaging equipment throughout the facility.
The General Mills - Avon plant operates 24 hours per day 7 days per week. Changes in volume and production requirements can result in changes in work schedule and additional overtime. Avon Opertors must be willing to work any shift including nights and weekends.
The starting wage for an Skilled Operator position is $21.04/hour General Mills also offers shift differential payment for those working off-shift. Additionally we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401K, and vacation.
Current openings are for second shift 3PM - 11PM and third shift 11PM - 7AM. You MUST be able and willing to work either shift.
Additionally we offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, 401(k), Roth 401(k), Bi-annual bonus up to 6% and much more.
In this role, you will:
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Follow standard operating procedures to operate various pieces of high speed and/or high tech processing and packaging equipment
- Troubleshoot problems with machinery and partner with maintenance staff to resolve issues
- Calibrate processing and packaging systems daily to meet required specifications
- Participate in start-up, change over and shut down of operating equipment
- Perform change overs and End of Run cleans including disassembly and reassembly of necessary equipment
- Be responsible for executing all required HACCP/quality processes and documentation
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems in equipment operation
- Assists in training new employees
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
Perform additional related tasks as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have or be willing to obtain a forklift license
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends
- Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability