Manufacturing Operator I
2nd shift 12:00 pm- 8:30 pm
Job Description Revised July 2020
At Glanbia Nutritionals Inc., our portfolio centers on dairy and non-dairy nutritional ingredients. We co-innovate and deliver ingredient solutions and precision premixes for use in the mainstream food and beverage, infant and clinical, and functional nutrition markets. We are the number one provider of whey-based nutritional ingredients globally and the number one producer of American-style cheddar cheese. Our protein systems have transformed the bar and beverage categories bringing increased levels of protein, cleaner labels and greater product functionality to market. We have a direct presence in 21 countries, with manufacturing facilities in the US, Germany and China, and international sales and technical offices around the world.
Responsible for the preparation, production and packaging of blend material. Provides assistance to the operator and fills in for basic operator duties as assigned. Maintain blend equipment and production area cleanliness. Must complete all applicable SOP and QA trainings.
- Box Room duties - tape boxes, insert foil/plastic liners, apply labels to boxes X2
- Label bags 410 60 125, Zip tie liners, Tape filled boxes, Palletize boxes
- Hand clean separators, air flows, heat sealers, conveyors, scales, metal detectors 460 95 005,
- 460 95 023460 95 024, 460 95 004 and 510 95 000
- Prepare cell for wash - cover electronics, remove scan gun, apply appropriate LOTO
- Able to identify status of equipment and cell 410 80 030
- Operate hand jack
- Inspection of raw material and /or fill IBC (no set up) 350 60 060
- Gather tools and supplies from tool room for blends or wash 410 60 004
- Operate conveyor metal detector, includes HACCP metal checks 510 00 020 510 00 010
- Scale Check 900 05 019
- Scan in blends to NOAX
- Manufacturing and Inspection Cell Release 460 60 005
- Seal foil and plastic liners
- Able to assist the operator with all blending, milling, packing tasks
- Identify ingredient name, lot number and item number
- Read and understand sequence of steps on BPR 410 80 037Screen, blend and package a variety of amino acids, vitamins and minerals, including those which are allergenic.
- Responsible for following the procedures for the preparation of blends and final blend product.
- Proper cleaning, blending, packaging and material inspection per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Proper cleaning of manufacturing equipment and production floor.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Following and living Glanbia values: Showing Respect, Winning Together, Finding a Better Way, Performance Matters, and Customers Champion.
- Each employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations, and orders issued pursuant to the Occupational Safety and Health Act which are applicable to his/her own actions and conduct.
- Complies with all applicable food safety regulations and mandates (Safe Quality Foods, Food and Drug Admin, and State Ordinance)
- Perform other duties as assigned
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee and the work environment characteristics are those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.