Job Title: Manufacturing Manager
Summary: We are seeking a driven and experienced Manufacturing Manager to oversee our diverse food manufacturing operation that includes baking, chocolate, confections, nut roasting, and trail mixes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises plant start up including but not limited to material staging, equipment start up, and on time arrival of personnel to ensure that manufacturing commences on schedule. The manufacturing manager must arrive a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the 5:00am commencement of the day shift.
- Supervises all manufacturing activities performed by employees and maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees throughout the shift.
- Plans and executes daily production needs to meet sales and inventory demand. Communicates any shortages and timeline for return to stock to the operations team.
- Monitors and reports daily production results, material usage, waste, and downtime.
- Responsible for the Sanitation Program. Ensures that the sanitation schedule and procedures are being followed. Ensures proper storage and use of all chemicals. Inspects for proper sanitation of equipment and facilities and takes corrective action to resolve deficiencies.
- Maintains safety programs and all required safety training for employees.
- Responsible for the Maintenance Program. Ensures that the preventive maintenance schedule is being followed, plant equipment is properly maintained, and LOTO procedures are being followed when applicable. Coordinates with the QA department prior to returning down equipment back to service.
- Coordinates with quality control to maintain quality standards and takes appropriate corrective measures to resolve deficiencies.
- Assists in forecasting staffing needs to meet peak demands of the business and staff team accordingly.
- Coaches, trains, and develops employees in accordance with our Total Quality Management doctrines and core values.
- Coordinates with the production manager to manage personnel issues including but not limited to vacation approvals, daily and weekly overtime, and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Operations.
- 5+ years of leadership or supervisory role within the food manufacturing industry.
- Experience working in a SQF certified plant environment.
- Bilingual (English, Spanish) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, or related field.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office and ERP software
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
During the course of the day, employee may be required to lift up to 50 lbs. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk during the day. Continuously uses arms, hands, to lift and manipulate objects, boxes, trays, machinery and tools. Occasionally bends at the waist and reaches above head, as well as twists, stoops, or crawls.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters when performing the essential functions of this job. The employee may be exposed to the following conditions: Wet, dry, hot, cold and or humid conditions, moving parts, high precarious places, fumes and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and extreme cold. The noise level is moderate. The employee must have the ability to work with milk, eggs, tree nuts, wheat, chocolate, peanuts and soybean products in addition to many other ingredients and allergens.