Established in 1943, the SK Food Group is a leader in the food manufacturing and wholesale food sales industry. We produce a complete line of products for many different market segments including retail, convenience stores, vending and the transportation industry. In addition, we pride ourselves on the sub-contract manufacturing and private labeling capabilities our company offers to customers throughout the United States. Please visit http://www.skfoodgroup.com for more information.
We are seeking an experienced Manufacturing Manager to lead our team on the first shift at our Groveport, Ohio facility.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Manufacturing Manager is responsible for overseeing production operations and the shift’s production associates.
- Manage all Production Operations for the shift.
- Provide support and leadership to inventory control, quality assurance, use of the ERP system ‘X3’ and purchasing.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates, peers, and supervisors.
- Manage staff to provide consistent performance with predicable results.
- Review performance metrics and make improvements.
- Work with support departments to make improvements in all facets of the organization including Safety, Quality, Food Safety, Purchasing, Accounting, Training and Human Resources.
- Provide support and active involvement in Food Safety improvement initiatives.
- Review daily production schedule for effective utilization of labor.
- Manage department budgets and hourly labor.
- Ensure proper packaging and labeling of product.
- Control product waste and make adjustments as needed.
- Monitor production line flow to optimize product safety and yields.
- Ensure work orders are completed as requested for quality and scheduling requirements.
- Continually monitor Production areas for required sanitation.
- Audit associates time sheets and ensure proper clock in and clock outs per associate are done in ADP.
- Plan/schedule next day’s production run with subordinates.
- Provides proper guides and mentoring to subordinates in food safety programs and GMP’s practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, operations, or related field, and at least six years leadership experience in food manufacturing. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with SQF, AIB, GFSI, USDA environments is preferred.
- Must be able to work a first shift schedule and be flexible to meet the scheduling needs of the business as needed.
- Ability to work in a chilled production environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess strong time management skills.
- Ability to effectively coach and motivate a team.
- Basic knowledge of SPC, Control Charts and Lean Manufacturing.
SK Food Group provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits including programs that provide for your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.