Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
In the medical and pharmaceutical market, Corbion (formerly known as Purac Biomaterials) is the market leader in the production of resorbable polymers and high-strength, degradable biocomposites (FiberLive™) for the medical device and pharmaceutical industry. Our resorbable polymers and biocomposites are used to produce orthopedic implants, drug delivery systems, and wound closure applications. Corbion is now hiring a Manufacturing Engineer to manage the manufacturing of Resorbable products in our Tucker, GA Biomaterials plant. You will provide sufficient resources to ensure production plans can be achieved consistent with goals for safety, quality, customer satisfaction, sales, overall equipment/building efficiency and OSHA and Regulatory compliance.
- Establish the equipment and facilities to support leading equipment and instrumentation qualifications and user requirement specification.
- Recipe development and technology transfer of polymerization reactions.
- Assist with design and process FMEA implementation and lead process of FMEA.
- Execute operational and product qualifications and provide summary reports of findings.
- Continuous improvement focus towards process improvements, repeat qualifications for existing systems and facilities, reliability improvement efforts.
- Implement preventative maintenance and spare parts programs for critical equipment.
- Clean space and environmental trending and monitoring.
- Assist with process and facilities automation improvements.
- Champion engineering-focused safety improvements to the site.
- Implement and execute regulatory requirements, ISO-9001 or ISO-13485 or ICH Q7
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering with 3+ years polymerization, chemical reactions, polymer and chemical processing experience. Degree in chemical or material engineering preferred. Masters degree considered a plus.
- Prior experience with making GMP or products to ISO-9001 or ISO-13485 or ICH Q7 Standard. Understand OSHA and Regulatory laws and compliance.
- Experience working on- reactors, pumps, tanks, filters, heat exchangers, glass manufacturing, extrusion, etc.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and verbal form
- Must be able to work cross functionally on teams involving R&D, Quality, Supply Chain, Production, Sales.
- Basic understanding of statistics and risk matrix related to product, equipment and safety.
- Working knowledge of HAZOP and process safety reviews.
- Ability to read and follow detailed instructions and record information clearly and accurately.
- Familiarity with Excel, Word and other computer software.
- Ability to lift moderate quantities and stand for periods of time.
- Ability to work safely in clean-space environment.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. Our sustainable ingredient solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. With a worldwide network of production facilities, sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries, Corbion is known for quality, product innovation, and customer orientation, as well as for its collegial, informal and results-oriented company culture.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Industrial, Manufacturing Engineer, Orthopedic, Medical, Manufacturing, Engineering, Healthcare