Oversee all accounting operations of the plant, maintain accounting records, enhance the accuracy of reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with general accepted accounting principles.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Full responsibility and management of Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
- Manage all accounting operations including billing, AR, AP, Inventory/Cost accounting, Payroll and Cash management.
- Manage month-end closing and prepare monthly financial statements and other operational reports for the site.
- Manage all daily; weekly and monthly plant accounting, analysis and reporting and coordinate Month-End inventory costing and valuation, cycle counting, reserves and work order close processes.
- Provide effective analysis and understanding of COGS actual results, budget development and variance reporting to senior management by developing insightful reporting.
- Present and assist Business Unit Leaders in understanding P/L divisional performance, cost drivers and cost forecasts.
- Lead financial portion of vertical reviews for designated business units
- Review of month-end cost accounting journal entries and closing activities for inventory accounts.
- Maintenance and review of standard cost system, including bill of materials, product routings and standard unit costs.
- Support analyses of variances and communicate explanations to management and financial planning team.
- Guide financial decisions by monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Partner with all levels of the company to achieve plant and corporate objectives.
- Monitor procedures and internal controls to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Monitor and confirms financials by providing information to external auditors.
- Oversee capital projects and budgets.
- Provide and maintain accounting reports and balance sheet reconciliations
- Lead and mentor direct reports
Requirements for the role
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing accounting emphasis in cost accounting experience.
- Strong excel skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Experience recommending and initiating cost saving, process efficiencies.