OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Mills' Supply Chain is one of the most respected supply chains in the industry today. Manufacturing is the sub-function of Global Supply Chain that makes food the world loves. Manufacturing takes raw materials and transforms them into the products we sell to customers. Products are packaged in a variety of formats for sale to grocery, clubs, and food service.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The Manufacturing and Engineering Associate (MEA) program is designed to prepare you for both technical and managerial leadership roles within General Mills. You'll make an impact by:
• Eliminating losses and improving system performance through standard processes and procedures on our continuous production systems that operate 24/7
• Leading manufacturing or maintenance teams to improve our Zero Loss Culture and plant performance
• Leading planning and execution of new capital or improvement projects affecting system performance, safety, or sustainability.
The MEA program consists of 24 months of development, focused on preparing MEAs for technical and people leadership positions in both Manufacturing and Engineering. MEAs will be located in one field location for the duration of the program and typically remain in place for
their first post program assignment.
Interns will experience a robust 10 week program leading business critical projects. You will be located at one of our North American manufacturing locations, which include: Illinois, Iowa, Georgia, Missouri, Ohio, and Tennessee.
IS THIS YOU?
• Strong interpersonal skills, high learning agility, analytical and decision making skills
• Exemplary people, technical, and process leadership
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Food Process Engineering or Biological/Agricultural Engineering
• Qualifications for MEA Milling roles are: Bachelor or Master’s degree in Milling Science or Food Science
• 3.0+ GPA (typically)
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.