At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people#39;s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation(R) in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
The Sustainable Development (SD) team, as part of the General Secretary Department of Danone North America (DNA), integrates and aligns our sustainable development strategy into our business strategy and corporate vision. The team provides strategic oversight and direction to cross-functional teams for relevant topics for the organization and works collaboratively to advance One Planet.One Health performance important to our business and stakeholders; utilizes engaging storytelling to communicate sustainability performance and results; identifies, benchmarks, and implements best practices to drive continuous improvement within our business; and engages a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, to advance our sustainable development strategy as well as our vision for a healthy planet and healthy people.
The Manager Responsible Sourcing & Production will report to the Senior Director, Sustainable Development and Public Benefit. This individual will support critical DNA efforts in several areas:
- Leading impact projects related to key inputs for brand and corporate equity
- Championing expansion of programs such sustainable agriculture and human rights
- Advancing ingredient programs toward responsibility and transparency ambitions
- Supporting overall company goals by leading development and deployment of biodiversity initiatives
- Supporting the business and brands in creating and connecting meaningful impact programs to consumers and customers through communications and partnerships
- Core Responsibilities:
- Delivers excellent leadership and project management skills to effectively analyze improvement opportunities for responsible sourcing, transparency and traceability, and sustainability strategies by integrating company-wide initiatives and engaging with internal and external stakeholders including suppliers, brands, customers and non-government organizations (NG Os).
- Partners with the procurement team in the creation and implementation of responsible sourcing policies, projects and commitments, advancing stakeholder engagement and proactive initiatives that address systemic social/environmental supply chain challenges, as well as to mitigate risk and enhance performance.
- Provides subject matter expertise and consultation to the business and cross-functional teams on key topics; sustainable ingredients, emerging trends, industry leading programs, risks, opportunities and solutions.
- Completes risk mapping, materiality assessments and analysis critical to creating the insights and prioritization needed to build and execute relative and impactful strategy and programs.
- Manages collaborative initiatives with internal partners to guide and implement programs that deliver positive impact to our many sustainable development goals, including creating solutions with Research & Innovation teams for new product development concerning risk ingredients, and connecting to initiatives such as reforestation or biodiversity.
- Leads planning and execution of multiple highly visible, highly complex, projects that promote sustainable development commitments and drive business results. Examples could include:
- Development and implementation of sustainable agriculture and responsible sourcing strategies and initiatives (in partnership with procurement leaders) that promote regenerative systems, while utilizing industry recognized programs and established environmental and social metrics for agriculture for a variety of commodities and ingredients including but not limited to almond, soy, dairy ingredients, palm, oat, coffee, cocoa, fruit and sugar.
- Designs and initiates programs that maximize the company#39;s ability to successfully integrate reduction goals, programs and monitoring to advance our zero-deforestation commitment, responsible sourcing goals, and support our net zero carbon ambition .
- Leads and develops engagement and outreach to advance our company B Corp commitment and continuous improvement through connectivity, diversity, reporting and partnerships.
- Develops and executes internal and external communications and processes for focus areas.
- Co-creates strategy and programs such as positive social impact, economic development, diversity and inclusion, poverty alleviation that support and strengthen our supplier and farmer communities.
- In collaboration with our Government and Industry Affairs team, seeks, builds, and maintains cooperative relationships with key external stakeholders and leads partnership opportunities with private, government and non-governmental organizations to advance relevant Sustainable Development policies, strategies and fostering of continuous improvement.
- Manages a multitude of complex agreements or contracts with external vendors.
Education and Experience (Requirements):
- Mandatory previous and significant experience in corporate sustainability/sustainable development, or responsible sourcing position with at least 5 years in role.
- Prior program management and administration experience within the areas of environment, sustainable agriculture, responsible sourcing, and other corporate sustainable development initiatives.
- Minimum Bachelor#39;s degree in relevant fields, with minimum 10 years professional experience. Master#39;s or higher degree in Sustainable Development related fields a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will have existing and relevant stakeholder relationships, demonstrated leadership and management skills, industry knowledge, and experience with environmental, economic vitality, sustainable agriculture, responsible sourcing, deforestation, community-based development, and other sustainability topics and best practices.
- Required are outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex issues to a range of audiences and constituencies.
- Strong research, analytical, organizational, creative, and strategic thinking skills.
- The candidate needs to excel both independently and as part of a team and to manage multiple projects simultaneously from conception to implementation.
- Collaborative mindset and attitude.
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization#39;s goals.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Knowledge of public/community awareness, public outreach, education, co-creation, sustainable startup businesses and philanthropy.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-pace, complex and often changing environment.
- Capable to efficiently manage simultaneously multiple projects, involving numerous and diverse partners/stakeholders, with challenging timelines.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices inWhite Plains, NYandBroomfield, CO.For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North Americais an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Equity, Manager, Program Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Procurement, Finance, Management, Operations