Job Posting Title:
The Quality Manager establishes, directs and monitors all in-plant food safety, quality and sanitation procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, controls of incoming material, track and trending consumer complaints, partnering with plant functions to ensure compliance with corporate lead initiatives, oversees conformance with regulatory, third-party and customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain Food Safety & Quality Assurance programs including, but not limited to: Formula Control, Allergen Control, Non-Conforming, Recall, Sanitation Effectiveness, Environmental Monitoring Organic, Pest Control and Food Safety Plans.
- Manage, develop, coach and mentor Quality Assurance and Sanitation leaders/supervisors.
- Support Baked Goods Division and corporate quality goals. Including implementation and compliance initiatives at the facility.
- Identify necessary professional and technical training for food safety and quality staff.
- Ensure plant procedures are implemented to enhance Raw/RTE product separation including but not limited to: traffic patterns for employees, supplies, and equipment. Physical separations, employee identification, employee uniforms are in place.
- Ensure maintenance of and compliance to the Food Safety Plan including preventive controls. Including verification, deviation tracking and annual validation of the plan.
- Support validated lethality process work and ongoing validation as a process preventive control as part of the Food Safety Plan.
- Ensure dynamic relationship with company identified vendors including chemical and pest control providers.
- Establish plant operating and capital budgets for quality. Responsible for identifying projects that impact quality and food safety and are part of the facility capital plan.
- Assure implementation and utilization of SPC system, including Infinity QS, which will allow for real time process control and data driven decision making by operators.
- Manage consumer complaints, establish trending, implement corrective actions and respond appropriately to all investigation requests.
- Manage quality incidents and establish corrective actions utilizing Simple Root Cause (SRC) and RCA tools.
- Serve as facility regulatory lead on interaction with government authorities.
- Manage Hygienic Restorations events including corrective actions, effect on production, disposition of finished product and startup requirements.
- Assure implementation and compliance of TreeHouse policies and procedures.
- Implement TreeHouse weight control policy and other cost saving initiatives.
- Lead, support and maintain facility GFSI Certification (BRC).
- Lead, support and maintain facility Kosher and RSPO certifications.
- Effectively interface with internal stakeholders; Sales, Marketing and Commercialization team.
- Support needs of external customers as needed.
- Interface and support R&D initiatives to ensure commercialization aligns with plant capabilities.
- Ensure compliance with standard food industry and TreeHouse Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP#39;s).
- Maintains cooperative relationship with coworkers and management by communicating necessary information, responding to requests, building rapport, and participating in problem solving methods.
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list of all tasks. Additional tasks and duties may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business needs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Five years#39; quality assurance experience with 3+ years#39; demonstrated leadership ability
- Bachelor#39;s degree in a suitably related field and / or the equivalent in related experience.
- Must possess understanding of statistical analysis, precision measurement, process capability studies, chemistry, and food processes
- Understanding and ability to use computer applications
- Superior interpersonal abilities
- Ability to be flexible and manage change
- Excellent reasoning abilities, sound judgment, ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed and complex written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving abstract variables in non-standardized situations
- Ability to read and write in-depth policies, procedures and related materials
- Resourceful, detail oriented, well organized with project management skills
- Participating management style - advocate of team concept
- Results and tasks oriented but have ability to keep quality standards as first priority and to balance people considerations
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of product process and employee privacy information
- Follows and enforces standards for food safety and food quality production reflected in BRC
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.