Schlotterbeck & Foss (S&F) is a dynamic and customer-focused New England maker of private-label and branded dressings, condiments, salsas and sauces in the premium and clean-label and better-for-you segments. S&F works with many of the largest U.S. food retailers to innovate and supply store-brand retail products. It also produces and markets under the Schlotterbeck & Foss and Drew’s Organics brands, and executes contract manufacturing with several major national brands. S&F recently added foodservice segment capabilities to its expanding portfolio.
Business is growing rapidly and S&F seeks a Manager of Quality Assurance and Quality Control to oversee its busiest facility in Chester, VT. S/he/they will be in charge of all quality and food safety programs and functions to maintain standards for its manufacturing operations. The Manager will determine and utilize inspection methodologies including visual inspections, measurements and functional testing to ensure standards and specifications are met. The Manager also will ensure team excellence via hiring, training, performance review and leadership, and maintain strong cross-functional relationships to educate and problem-solve.
REPORTS TO: Director of Quality Assurance and Compliance
REPORTS: Currently 5 Supervisors and Technicians, but that number likely will grow
- Develop and lead processes to insure high levels of GMP, Hygiene, and Sanitation.
- Manage the preparation and processes for Corporate and third-party audits, insuring a high level of compliance and audit success.
- Manage the HAACP, and SQF systems necessary to ensure the Manufacturing departments have the processes to produce high quality products.
- Serve as the lead SQF Practitioner.
- Provide Quality training to the Manufacturing departments. Manage the development of analytical methods to support new products.
- Provide technical instruction, support, coaching and mentoring to any level Technician.
- Serve as team leader or project coordinator for lab projects.
- Responsible for customer complaint investigations and developing customer response letters within established time period.
- Utilize Statistical Process Control and other forms of data collection on product and process attributes to clearly present in a data drive format to the management team, for utilization in continuous improvement opportunities.
- Monitor all quality attributes of raw material,
- Inspect production run samples to ensure specifications at varying points in production
- Ensure all company standards and procedures are adhered to.
- Utilize Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP to ensure food safety and ensure OSHA compliance and ensure health and safety of direct reports and other team members
- 5+ years managing a QA/QC department in a food, pharmaceutical or other GMP manufacturing environment
- Expertise in organic and/or good-for-you food categories is a plus
- Demonstrable track record building QA/AC methods and flagging/resolving issues
- Continuous improvement expertise, e.g., TPM and Six Sigma
- SQF Food Safety Management qualification (or parallel industry equivalent)
- HACCP training certification qualified to implement/maintain HACCP food safety plans
- B.S./B.A. in food science, microbiology, chemistry or related field
Compensation consists of a competitive base salary and an annual bonus. A relocation package will be available. S&F offers a benefit package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match and a discount on S&F products.
Pryde Partners executive search has been retained to help fill this position and is the primary point of contact. Thank you.