Join Our Community of Food People!
THE STOCK YARDS STORY
We#39;ve been providing chefs with expertly cut and portioned beef and pork for over 120 years, based on rigid meat-selection criteria, precise beef aging and expert trimming. Whatever your need, from white-linen presentation to casual family dining, our procurement experts will find the best-quality options that work for your budget and pack-size needs, carefully selected from our extensive meat assortment.
The Manger, Production develops and implements strategies to direct the manufacturing and warehousing teams in achieving efficiency, quality, and safety as well as, productivity through maintaining a data driven culture of continuous improvement. Ensures production of quality products at the lowest unit cost and manages staff to ensure the integrity, USDA / FDA regulatory compliance, sanitation, shipping receiving and inventory control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops manufacturing strategies consistent with overall business plans to ensure ability to deliver planned business results
• Develops a team and structure that can flex to meet the demands of the business
• Aligns priorities with the direction of the broader organization to meet the demands of needs of the customer
• Manages production and labor scheduling to ensure deadlines and quality specifications are met in accordance with internal and regulatory guidelines
• Establishes and maintains cross functional relationships in a matrix, functionalized organization
• Ensures compliance with internal and external guidelines, including, but not limited to USDA, FDA, OSHA, and Food Safety regulations
• Maintains an environment and culture focused on the safety of the team members.
• Manages an operation that meets or exceeds certification levels of external audit standards (GFSI)
Sustainable Operation Improvement:
• Establishes and manages metrics used to define performance
• Guides production and warehousing teams through in-depth analysis and resolution of strategic issues
• Solid understanding of key drivers of operational performance (Six Sigma, lean continuous improvement, etc) and their use in developing strategies for driving efficiency
• Production Supervisor and Production Employees
• Warehouse Supervisors and Warehouse Employees
Education & Work Experience
• High school graduate or equivalent, college degree preferred
• Five years of operations/production management experience required, preferably in a food processing environment.
• General business knowledge in manufacturing, operations, or food processing
• Experience working in a JIT (Just in Time) production environment, is a plus
• Experience using continuous improvement tools, such as Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) to all levels of the organization
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to facilitate and manage change
• Strong quantitative and qualitative assessment skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to constructively challenge ideas and assumptions
• Must possess strong interpersonal relationship skills
• Strong computer skills and experience applying these techniques to analyze and measure productivity
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***