Rich s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich s Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
The Production Manager manages all plant operating units responsible for converting raw materials into finished product in a safe, sanitary, cost-effective, and efficient manner that meets company quality standards.
Also developing and implementing short-term and mid-term business plans for department, and assists in the development of the strategic plan for the plant.
- Approves and ensures adherence to production schedules.
- Monitors the assignment of staff to ensure that production quotas are met for finished goods inventories.
- Oversees operations to ensure that waste and production costs are minimized and there is conformance to safety and quality standards.
- Develops, implements and communicates short-term and mid-term (1 - 2 years) business plans for operations, ensuring associates understand the link to the plant’s, division’s and the corporation’s business plan priorities and understand their role in accomplishing these plans.
- Assists in establishing the longer-term strategic plans for the plant.
- Develops operating policies and procedures as necessary.
- Mentors and motivates associates, providing training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth.
- Communicates performance standards to associates, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems.
- Ensures all associates have the resources and capabilities to effectively accomplish their responsibilities.
- May serve as a member of the plant’s Steering Team.
- Directs requisitions for maintenance and repair of production equipment, and for machine parts and manufacturing supplies. Implements improvements in machinery and equipment and in manufacturing methods.
- May organize the crews necessary for reconditioning product removed from the freezers, or from production, for reprocessing or repackaging, and ensure these functions are performed in an efficient manner.
- Ensures Company standard practices and procedures are followed.
- Develops, maintains and reports production-related information regarding yields, efficiencies and labor utilization to management.
- Ensures that all GMP and safety standards are in compliance.
- Reviews and approves the temporary staffing needs of department for the following day or week, and ensures the necessary staffing arrangements have been implemented.
- Participates in weekly GMP, sanitation and safety inspections throughout the production departments and corrects, or issues work orders to correct, any identified deficiencies.
- Follows up on work orders, with the appropriate Associates to ensure expeditious performance of the requested work.
- Keeps abreast of latest manufacturing technologies and systems.
- Performs other related responsibilities, as needed, to support Rich Products Corporation#39;s business objectives.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain Operations, Food Science, Engineering or related field
- 5 years supervisory experience in a food-processing, pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing organization, preferably using computerized manufacturing equipment
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), sanitation processes/procedures and HACCP
- Demonstrated understanding of production scheduling and other production variables such as run-rates, processing times, change-over times, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include product and associate safety, OSHA standards, product quality (success rates), throughput delivery and cost control (minimizing downtime and waste, optimizing yield)
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule work
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated mechanical and spatial aptitude, including the ability to disassemble and reassemble equipment
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand complex mathematical equations
- Proficient using Excel or other spreadsheet software
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates ( Rich s ), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich s. Please contact Rich s Human Resources department at asc rich.comif you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.