Delicatessen Services Co., LLC
The role of the Packaging and New Products Engineer will be to strategically lead, develop, & drive the Packaging Innovation function. Packaging Development has been recognized as a key business driver within Boar#39;s Head, and this role will significantly contribute to the growth of the company. The Packaging Engineer will work in a dynamic, fast paced, highly collaborative, & cross-functional environment where strategic thinking, creativity, leadership, and a self-motivated drive for excellence & results will be necessary. The incumbent will design, develop, & implement holistic innovative packaging solutions that contribute to the overall Innovation agenda of the company and its#39; growth platforms. There will be a high degree of interaction with all levels of Marketing, Sales, Design, Research & Development, Engineering, Supply Chain, Procurement, and Senior Management.
- Design & Design Thinking skills
- Holistic Packaging Leadership: Design | Development | Implementation | Technical Services
- Equipment knowledge
- Pricing architecture & cost modeling
- Project leadership skills. Stage gate knowledge. Black or Green belt not required but general knowledge of principles is required.
- Maintaining quality packaging standards, specifications, processes and best practices
- Must have the ability to generate concepts, design, & develop structural packaging solutions against consumer insights
- Interact with internal Design team or external Design partners to deliver a holistic packaging vision
- Cross Functional Skills and experience is required, ie: Marketing, Sales, Design, Supply Chain, Product Developments, etc.
- Ideation & Brainstorming: Insight into packaging ideas, quickly reducing those ideas to functional and testable prototypes
- Prototype Development: Hands on development of prototypes ranging from quick cut & paste, low resolution models to fully functional, consumer testable packages & devices
- 3D CAD Design: Experience in 3D Computer Aided Design
- Design for Manufacturing: Works with Global Engineering, Supply Chain and Suppliers to develop comprehensive transformation flow-sheets of the manufacturing & supply process to ensure consideration for design & manufacturability
- Cost Modeling: Works with Supply Chain, Procurement and Finance to develop comprehensive cost models for new packaging
- Technical Modeling: Translates consumer insight into functional attributes and develops corresponding engineering/technical models
- Test Methods & Specifications: Coordinates and develops packaging performance testing for shelf life, material specifications relating to key package dimensions & critical consumer attributes
- Qualification & Validation: Works with Suppliers, Supply Chain, Quality & Global Engineering to plan and execute comprehensive qualification & validation of new packaging and equipment systems
- Project Management: Plans and coordinates all project development activities and timeline from Concept through Package Definition.
- Customer & Executive Presentations: Provides internal presentations ranging from project updates to in depth technical reviews. Participates in customer presentations and demonstrations
- Intellectual Property: Works with Legal to convert key consumer insight along with corresponding feature & attributes, material structures and manufacturing methods into a comprehensive Intellectual Property plan and resultant patent filings
- Support the efforts of the developing, producing and launching of new product
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design or Engineering Design, with experience in Packaging Design & Development or a BS in Packaging Science, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering with relevant Design & Development.
- Experience with Stage Gate/Innovation process required.
- Six (6) to ten (10) years of experience in Designing & Developing consumer products &/or structural packaging from concept through to commercialization.
Marketing and Advertising