Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Operational Excellence Manager is accountable for implementing Operational Excellence as a way of working within the M&B network. The implementation of Operational Excellence includes the Operating System, Management Infrastructure and Mindsets, Behaviors & Capabilities supported by Industry 4.0. Activities include leading cross functional Opex teams, leading Opex workstreams, driving daily issue resolution and leading Chronic Improvement teams (for systemic opportunities) to drive performance improvements across all key metrics across the Supply Chain Balanced Scorecard. This is a critical role with oversight for the implementation of world-class operational excellence strategies to optimize supply chain improvements and improve the cost of product sold. This role requires close collaboration with key Supply Chain functions such as Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Quality, Finance and Logistics. This position will have exposure to and will interface with Plant Managers, Operations Managers and will influence site direction.
- 60%OPEX Teams:Lead & coach network OPEX teams to drive improvements across the Balance Scorecard.
- Conduct diagnostics on the Operating System (OS), Management Infrastructure (MI), Mindset, Behaviors & Capabilities (MBC) and Industry 4.0 for identified systems / lines through data analysis, floor observations, process monitoring and employee interviews. Coach OPEX team to develop tactical implementation plans (TIPs) to drive system improvements across identified Workstreams. Ensure tactical implementation plan are adhered to and regular stakeholder check ins occur in throughout the process to ensure program sustainability and track progress.
- 20% Capability Building:Work with the M&B site leadership teams to plan and build the appropriate OPEX capability. Leverage pull forward strategy prior to OPEX team execution to ensure subsequent waves of OPEX teams have the appropriate skills & capabilities for further deployment. Develop and execute OPEX capability training sessions for the site leadership team, front line leadership team and frontline employees.
- 10% Cost Management:Ensure improvements identified in OPEX team charters are rolled into the plant enabler program to capture enabler savings. Track OPEX team performance to ensure improvements are sustained and long term countermeasures are tracked and implemented.
- 10% Leadership:Ability to coach, work collaboratively and successfully influence stakeholders. Ability to effect change throughout an organization by leading through others. Demonstrated program management skills with ability to deliver results across multi-site manufacturing operations. Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal skills, integrity and trust and the ability to motivate. Strong analytical skills and business acumen. Ability to successfully work in a cross functional environment.
Complexity & Scope:
This position is responsible for deploying the Campbell s Operational Excellence strategy and approach to drive the Supply Chain performance to world class levels. The role requires an Operational Excellence practitioner who can provide direction in the development and implementation of tactical objectives to drive improvements across the division.
- Education: University Degree in Science or Engineering
- Length of Experience: 10+ years of cross-functional manufacturing experience with a strong understanding of OPEX, Lean, Six Sigma and TPM.
- Certifications: CI certifications such as Lean or Lean Six Sigma
- Licenses / Registrations: N/A
- Other: Experience with leading / executing the elements Operational Excellence and organizational learning and development in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge in concepts of Operational Excellence, Lean Manufacturing and Asset Care & Reliability.
- Knowledge and previous experience in improving organizational capability through learning and development programs, and/or High Performance Work Systems.
- Excellent leadership skills, compelling communication skills, and the ability to inspire, engage and motivate.
- Physical Demands: Minimal physical effort. Prolonged sitting is required (in meetings, at computer, etc.)
- Conditions of Work: Frequent deadline pressures, managing conflicting priorities and frequent interruptions are common. Required to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Environmental Concerns: Work is primarily conducted in an office environment however, travel by car or plane is necessary to attend external meetings. Minimal noise or light intrusion. Ongoing computer use.
- Sensory Requirements: Visual attention to computer for extended periods of time. Visual and auditory focus, ongoing peer interaction, working in an open office space and speaking in public is common.
- Mobility: Travel expectation is approximately 70%
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.