Vital Farms, a Certified B Corp and pioneer of pasture-raising, offers a range of ethically sourced products nationwide. Started on a single farm in Austin, Texas in 2007, we were recently recognized as a Forbes Small Giant due to our exceptional growth and conscious business practices. We’re THE leading producer of pasture-raised eggs in the country and in 2018 became the first brand to offer pasture-raised ready-to-eat hard-boiled eggs. We introduced a pasture-raised, American-made butter in 2015 and most recently launched pasture-raised ghee butter. We raise the welfare standards for happy, healthy hens and contented cows, with products of exceptional taste and nutrition. Our products are sold in more than 10,000 grocery stores nationwide. Our corporate office is in south Austin (TX), and our processing facility is located in Springfield, MO.
The Manager of Warehouse Operations will report to the ECS Plant Manager. This role will provide overall leadership, direction and support to the warehouse team to ensure effective and efficient execution of all daily warehouse operations, with additional responsibility to achieve continuously improving results in facility space utilization planning, and warehouse strategy. The Manager of Warehouse Operations will have responsibility for acquiring a deep understanding of all areas of logistics and inventory replenishment, as well as challenging current processes and developing and implementing near-term and long-range plans. Identifying and developing key performance metrics for measuring, reporting and improving warehouse efficiencies will be a critical requirement for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and drive warehouse initiatives, programs, and processes to enable the organization to deliver strategic company business plans and growth initiatives.
- Develop strategy so that warehouse operations are able to excel in a period of rapid growth.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control the course of warehouse operations by in coordinating operational functions with organizational goals.
- Define, implement and measure warehouse KPI’s and practices including those related to productivity, inventory, efficiency, internal controls and customer service.
- Maximize operational efficiencies using defined metrics to continuously improve performance.
- Implement, enhance and maintain warehouse operations processes, procedures and improvements.
- Regularly challenge and evaluate current systems and processes.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining internal inventory control practices to reduce shrinkage.
- Supervise and manage direct reports; apply advanced interpersonal and communication skills to motivate the crew and ensure productivity levels are met.
- Collaborate with all levels of the organization, including ECS leadership and Austin based supply chain team to execute the overall strategic plan.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with demonstrated progression in warehouse operations management roles.
- Experience in managing and leading teams.
- Strong background in managing process improvement/efficiencies
- Demonstrated planning, project management, problem solving techniques and analytical skills; able to partner and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong, working knowledge of warehouse management systems.
- Results-oriented attitude with a proven track record of ensuring key deadlines are met.
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity and honesty in all aspects.
- Highly effective written communications and high attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Above average technical skills including use of all MS Office products.
Vital Farms will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
In order to fulfill Vital Farms mission to “bring ethically produced food to the table,” we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create a welcoming and innovative environment that is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Vital Farms does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other status protected by law.