Basic Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for safe, reliable operations of plant equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime and meet or exceed regulatory, budget and food safety practices within the facility. Responsible for providing engineering support for plant operations, with an emphasis on safety, system reliability, and continuous improvement.
Core Values - Culture - Service:
1. Responsible for driving the Litehouse culture through company core values
2. Accountable for outstanding Customer service to all internal and external Customers
3. Develop and maintain effective relationships through collaboration and consistent timely communication
4. Help uphold a "Team Member" environment supporting others with positive behavior
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in setting up, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment, and in fabricating metal parts and tools- 30%
• Assist in the plant preventative, predictive, and precision maintenance systems and development of metrics to measure performance on a regular basis-15%
• Troubleshoot equipment operating issues and recommending short-term and longer term resolutions- 10%
• Manage budget on capital expenditures in a fiscally responsible matter and assist with annual budget planning and implementation of capital projects- 10%
• Initiate purchase requisitions as needed; coordinate and direct third-party contractors and consultants to ensure compliance with contractor requirements- 10%
• Implement project improvements that drive manufacturing performance in 5-S, SMED, waste reduction, cost reduction and quality- 10%
• Provide engineering oversight and recommendations to the facility infrastructure (boilers, HVAC, compressed air, power transmission etc.)- 5%
• Plan, direct and coordinate activities concerned with design, construction, modification and maintenance of equipment and machinery in a food industrial plant. Ensure plant compliance to Federal, State and Corporate environmental laws, rules & regulations- 5%
• Coordinate with other key business partners in plant compliance to all environmental laws and regulations- 5%
• Interface with governmental and corporate auditors as needed. Environmental programs/areas include hazardous materials/waste management, environmental noise and lighting management, air quality management, storm water and training of plant personnel in same- As needed
• Responsibility to adhere to Food Safety policies and report food safety and quality concerns to their supervisor- On-going
• Other activities and duties as assigned- On-Going
1. Site Maintenance Staff
2. Facilities Maintenance
3. Engineering Group
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM WORK:
• Education: Bachelor#39;s degree in Engineering or related field; combination of degree and relevant experience considered as substitute.
• Certifications: None
• Experience: 4-5 years of work experience, preferably in the food manufacturing industry
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently, and in teams.
• CAD/CAM experience preferred
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
• Must have strong verbal and written communications skills with ability to express ideas effectively and efficiently
• Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to establish & maintain effective working relationships with all contacts inside and outside of the company
• Ability to meet attendance requirements
1. Travel up to 10% of the time should be expected.
2. Travel may be required with little prior warning and/or for extended periods of time. Off-site deployment of up to 2 weeks could be expected.
Sitting 20% Walking 30% Standing 50%
Near Acuity Speaking - Ordinary Speech Hearing - Ordinary Conversation
Manual Dexterity - Computer Keyboard Fingering
Normal Office Environment
Exposure to fluorescent lights
We are an EEO employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or veteran status. We affirm the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected classification.