Reporting to the Director, Internal Audit, the Manager will work with management in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness of risk management, processes and related controls across the organization.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate and support risk assessment processes as well as promote the accuracy of financial and operational information;
- Support public company compliance with Corporate Governance rules and regulations;
- Promote organizational awareness of risk management concepts and continuous improvement;
- Recommend opportunities for improvement in operational processes;
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders, including the Leadership Team, General Managers and related management/staff; and
- Work with key stakeholders to define benchmarks, performance metrics, project measures and establish change priorities.
- Post secondary education in Business or Engineering;
- 8+ years experience related to the optimization of people, processes, and systems (ideally in a manufacturing environment);
- Knowledge of process control systems and risk management frameworks;
- Excellent collaboration, communication (both written & verbal), including the ability to communicate complex information into plain language, facilitation, listening and presentation skills;
- Ability to consult, negotiate and influence in order to build consensus and support for recommendations;
- Proven experience leading through building strong relationships at all levels of the company;
- Demonstrated integrity and protecting the confidentiality of privileged information; and,
- Experience in data analytics and/or data analysis would be considered an asset.
Some travel will be required (estimated at 25%, but dependent on post-COVID-19 travel approach)
High Liner Foods would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted. High Liner Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer