Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that daring vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Within our almost 300-person Allendale, MI manufacturing facility, we are seeking a highly qualified Plant Safety Manager. Will you turn your passion for safety into impact by directly contributing to fostering a safe environment for every single person that steps foot in our facility? EHS Today voted Leprino Foods one of America’s Safest Companies in 2016 – will you help us continue this trend?
- Lead and direct the plant Safety & Health process to support risk reduction, injury prevention, and compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Main position responsibilities include safety leadership, safety training and education, safety inspections, engagement in the safety process, regulatory compliance, incident analysis and response, and PSM/RMP/HAZMAT.
- The right candidate will be visible on production floor with regular weekly interaction with front-line leadership and department managers. 40% of your time should be spent on the production floor.
- Primary safety process leader for facility by providing strategic direction for safety as a peer member of the plant leadership team.
- Provide technical safety support by performing hazard assessments for major risks such as machine guarding, ergonomics, confined spaces, construction, and work at height.
- Manages safety support staff, plant security team, and budget.
- Participate in annual operating plans and interim reviews.
- Report on metrics and maintains safety systems to drive compliance, including developing detailed performance and tracking mechanisms for leading and lagging safety performance.
- Drive corporate safety improvement initiatives at the plant level.
- Regularly report formally to the site leadership team on the status of safety systems progress and results.
- Develop and manage safety training plan and content for the site, including New Employee Orientation, and compliance-based and job-specific safety training for technical subject matter (i.e., HAZMAT, confined space, energized work, PSM, combustible dust, industrial hygiene).
- Develop and coordinate safety promotions and engagement activities by providing regular safety communication material for plant-wide distribution.
- Be humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, tenacious, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
Offering You In Return
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
- A chance to reside in the greater Grand Rapids, MI area: a city of 1.3 million people (metro area), ten minutes from the splendor of Lake Michigan with its enchanting lighthouses, boating scene, festivals, restaurants, shopping, and wineries, as well as home to Grand Valley State University; Michigan’s fastest growing university with over 24,000 students.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications)
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in Occupational Safety or any Safety Management discipline.
- 8 years of experience in a Safety position, with a substantial portion within a manufacturing environment.
- 2 years of progressive leadership experience as a Safety/EHS Supervisor or Manager.
- Strong functional/technical skills and knowledge of state and federal health and safety regulations including OSHA CFR 29-2910 General Industry Standards.
- Working knowledge of OSHA CFR 29-1926 Construction Industry Standards.
You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications)
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification.
- Active affiliation with appropriate safety networks and organizations.
- Familiarity with a 24/7 food or beverage manufacturing environment.
A career with Leprino Foods means you’ll be part of a worldwide family of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further our company, our customers, and one another. Apply today to learn more about our EHS career path.
“The culture of Leprino Foods is built by a family of passionate employees who believe in what they do, who understand the value of teamwork and understand that no one person is greater than the other.” – Steve, Colorado Plant Manager
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.