Join Our Community of Food People!
THE STOCK YARDS STORY
We#39;ve been providing chefs with expertly cut and portioned beef and pork for over 120 years, based on rigid meat-selection criteria, precise beef aging and expert trimming. Whatever your need, from white-linen presentation to casual family dining, our procurement experts will find the best-quality options that work for your budget and pack-size needs, carefully selected from our extensive meat assortment.
The Manager, Food Safety Quality Control (FSQA) maintains, updates and implements national food safety, quality and regulatory compliance programs. Implements and maintains the GFSI FS22000 food safety standard. The Manager will continue on developing a strong Food Safety culture across their facility and will have a mindset of Continuous Improvement.
The work this position does is completed 100% on-site in Blasdell, NY.
• Manage the internal quality audit function for the site and ensure effectiveness of the corrective and preventative action process within the framework of the plant#39;s Quality Management System
• Site leader responsible for on-site product risk assessment and risk management plan
• Attend site leadership meetings to report and drive continuous improvement: in sanitation, food safety, quality, and preventative maintenance
• Enforce production suspension to ensure food safety and quality continuity
• Ensure regulatory compliance with USDA, FDA, State and local authorities and act as division#39;s primary liaison with these agencies
• Develop & implement site specific programs for GMP#39;s, SSOP#39;s, allergen control etc.
• Develop and conduct site specific training programs for employees
• Manage HACCP and SSOP validations and verifications
• Manage to contract 3rd party labs and develop bacteria and quality lab testing as needed / required
• Perform 3rd party audit preparation and supplier audits as necessary
• Ensure sanitation requirements are maintained in all areas of the facility under scope
• Work with management, sales and customers as needed to understand and reduce product returns and complaints and implement appropriate corrective actions
• Manage vendor relationships to ensure food safety and raw material compliance specifications
• Manage labeling compliance with USDA/FDA regulations
• Ensure complete data collection and trending on relevant programs
• Review the Pest Control logs from 3rd party services and follow up with corrective actions
• For RTE (Ready to Eat) Facilities only: Coordinate Hygienic Zoning and Flow controls
The Manager, Food Safety Quality Control (FSQA) manages the sanitation activities and/or crew, and may manage the quality technician in plants where applicable
• 4-year college degree or formal training/certification in Animal science/Food safety/Veterinary science preferred
• Minimum 2 years#39; experience LEADING plant food safety program required
• 5 years#39; experience in a food service processing & distribution environment, preferred
• Food safety training, sanitation (SSOP & GMP), USDA quality troubleshooting and QA process improving skills required
• Meat industry background/experience with food safety/quality knowledge in a meat production environment required
• Experience with a HACCP plan design, measurement, documentation & training required. Formal HACCP training/certification preferred
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize required
• Critical thinking. Analytical skills. Written and verbal communication skills
• GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiatives for HACCP Certification
• Strong interpersonal skills required, including the ability to relate and positively influence employees & third parties at all organizational levels
• Physical Requirements: Up to 50% walking in a cold environment Up to 50% sitting Up to 75Lb lifting
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***