Perform managerial functions including direct team member supervision, technical solutions design, testing, and deployment. Partner with Support Services team members, network engineers, and systems administrators to source, design, and deploy new tools, processes, and solutions to serve the Support Services team and DFA overall. Manage level 3 administrators, Desktop Services, and remote desktop technicians in pursuit of team goals. Level 3 team members perform application administration and system maintenance for the Service Operations group while Desktop Services performs Level 2 PC and software repairs, builds, and deployments for DFA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily task scheduling, Kronos management, and on-call rotation of specified team
- Work closely with Service Operations Manager and Service Transition Lead to identify opportunities for improvement in Service Operations
- Work closely with network and system administrators to address overlapping issues
- Coordinate and participate in daily objectives and priorities for level 3 team, Desktop Services, and remote technicians
- Manage all level 3 administrator team tickets and recurring duties to completion and according to service level agreement(s)
- Manage the daily activity and work queue for Desktop Services including hardware and software procurement, deployment, repair, and retirement
- Coordinate regular security and maintenance patching and updates for all of desktop deployment
- Assist in sourcing of appropriate hardware and software for DFA entities; work with vendors and management to source and test products and services
- Continually investigate new tools and methods to improve value of Support Services to DFA
- Provide coaching in the best practice use of existing software and hardware
- Serve as an escalation point for any team related incident requiring management involvement/review
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.