Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Ensure the service expectations for assigned Key Accounts are met by all groups of Americold. This position will act as a liaison between the customer and Americold Business Development, Operations (i.e. warehouse and transportation) and Support departments.
- Achieves operations objectives by contributing department information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets department financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ensures that all internal control, policy and procedure adherence is achieved through proper management and reporting functions.
- Recommends and implements procedural, policy, technical and personal ideas on an ongoing basis by interfacing with operations personnel, customers and support departments.
- Improves customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Develops and maintains long term customer relationships thus surpassing customer expectations.
- Work with Business Development and Operations to ensure customer expectations are achieved.
- Gathers knowledge on current customer service trends, processes & technology and works with teams to implement improvements.
- Takes an active role in accepting, resolving, and following up customer complaints and internal conflicts with other Americold departments.
- Use analytical skills to research local market conditions, analyze results, and develop & implement effective strategies.
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Education, Training & Professional Experience:
- Bachelor#39;s degree in business administration or related field
- 4+ years warehouse related, transportation, logistics or analytical experience with a minimum of 2 years supervisory/management experience leading teams or cross functional complex projects in a customer service environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of warehouse and transportations operations is required.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient with MS Outlook, Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel required. Experience with Salesforce CRM and SAP financials a plus.
- Must have relative industry experience including logistics business development, account management, distribution, warehousing, logistics, transportation, CPG, etc. and understand common business practices and standards.
- Must have exceptional leadership skills and be able to meet aggressive deadlines, manage multiple complex projects simultaneously, and able work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Lean Sigma trained yellow belt or equivalent preferred, but not required.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
- Ability to develop and execute business/operating strategies and plans.
- Excellent problem solving, analysis and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task required.
- Ability to gather information, conducts analysis, develop and implement effective strategies.
- Creative and entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to be a team player.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both written and verbally with individuals at all levels of the organization, external contacts, customers and potential customers.
- Develop strong, sustainable working relationships with internal teams.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong time management, communications, decision-making, organization, human relations, presentation, negotiation, and mediation skills.
- Proven ability to perform gap analysis, draw conclusions and make recommendations to enhance business systems, processes and procedures.
- Strong process improvement approach.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Strong ability to form and foster business relationships. Demonstrate a partnership approach in working with internal and external customers.
- Must travel to customer sites, warehouse operations, office locations up to 50% of the time.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
- May requires some travel by automobile and airplane up to 50% of the time
- May require loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
- Requires the use of various electronics tools
- Occasionally works evening or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Requires the performance of work activities including, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW