IL Oak Brook
Supply Chain Continuous Improvement
Job Posting Title:
Manager, Continuous Improvement
Continuously improve warehouse performance to deliver the sites Annual Operating Plan (AOP) commitments and maintain flat or declining cost year over year. Leads and coaches projects that will improve key performance metrics pertaining to people, safety, quality, service, and cost. Leverage and support the TreeHouse Management Operating Structure (TMOS) for improved performance. Responsibilities include collaborating with site leadership and front-line associates to prioritize project initiation, develop project objectives, facilitate and coach teams, lead the implementation of and track project results.
- Serves as a culture change agent by leveraging influential authority with employees and stakeholders to accelerate program deliverables that may cross geographic and/or functional boundaries. Models behavior expected of leaders in the TreeHouse Management Operating Structure.
- Serves as both tactical and strategic partner with the site leadership team and process owners to leverage the TreeHouse Management Operating Structure and ensure standard Lean manufacturing processes are in place.
- Leads a portfolio of projects and team(s) in the review and analysis of moderate to large supply chain processes to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Leads and coaches problem-solving through structured process improvement team methodologies such as Kaizen Events, PDCA, and/or DMAIC.
- Reviews and examines project completion, obstacles, problem resolution, timelines, recommendations, and conclusions. Manages a healthy pipeline of cost savings initiatives and updates using a web-based platform.
- Identifies warehouse process requirements, improvement opportunities and best practices for site, ensuring alignment with TreeHouse Management Operating Structure. Leads gap closure and replication activities for the site.
- Monitors and supports key metrics and KPIs for overall warehouse performance and process effectiveness within the site. Participates with management to leverage site data to prioritize projects, define project requirements, scope, resources, team members, tasks, and project owners.
- Serves as a strategic partner with the corporate continuous improvement leaders to maintain alignment and compliance with the TreeHouse continuous improvement strategy and enterprise initiatives.
- Assists with training and coaching others to build organizational self-sufficiency with continuous improvement methods and tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proven problem-solver using Continuous Improvement methods and techniques to drive performance.
- Experience with using Warehousing Methodologies (e.g. 5S, SOP, Unloading, Loading, Picking, Labor Utilization and Efficiency, Value Stream Mapping).
- Must have a bias for action and a track record of delivering substantial financial results.
- Strong situational leadership skills to influence all levels of the organization within the warehouse location.
- Capable of building strong relationships with Warehouse Operations leaders in order to effect change.
- Self-starter to lead change and make independent and informed decisions.
- Personal traits--relentless, agile, high-energy, analytical, strong interpersonal skills, personally accountable.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams), and other applicable applications such as Minitab, etc.
- Minimum 3-5 years warehouse experience, previous project management experience and/or continuous improvement skills training.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of time.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree Preferred - Type: Operations, Engineering, Management or related field.
- Certification/Licensure/Designation Preferred for Job: Lean/Six Sigma Certification
Preferred Attributes, Qualifications & Working Conditions:
- Standing 35%
- Lifting 50 lbs.
- Stooping 5%
- Walking 15%
- Travel (other than driving)>75%
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts 50-75%
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles 15%
- Exposure to outside weather conditions 5%
- High areas 15-20#39; 5%
- Noise Level Ambient Noise 50-75%
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.