Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The CPS Plant Pillar Lead partners with the plant#39;s entire team to ensure the effective roll-out of the CPS-- establishing a zero-loss manufacturing culture where everyone, everyday, learns & improves something, delivering World Class sustainable performance. In event of this person absence, coverage will be provided.
- Essential Job Functions: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Guide CPS roll-out; lead the cultural shift to managing through pillars
- Provides leadership and subject matter expertise in the ConAgra Performance System (CPS) best practices.
- Coordinate and support plant pillar and platform leads (5S, Safety, Planned Maintenance, Focused Improvement, etc.)
- Engage all associates through hands-on mentoring, audits, etc.
- Monitor Sprint Plan timeline and engage pillar leads and plant leadership to ensure successful completion
- Participate in pillar activities (e.g., Kaizen events)
- Lead the Reliability Improvement Plans (RIP); establish, as necessary, action plans; and follow-up meetings
- Instill a "hands-on," systematic approach to problem solving ("Gemba")
- Works closely with cross functional teams (i.e. Project Engineers, Contractors, Technicians, Peers, Other CPS Pillars leads, etc.) to plan, implement, lead and/or execute actions that will assist in CPS implementation in the Kent facility.
- Leads and engages team members to in improve systems, processes and procedures.
- Coaches teams in personal accountability, giving and receiving feedback, root cause analysis, problem solving, decision making, trade-off analysis, interpersonal communications and external interactions
- Troubleshoots problems and implements corrective actions through root cause analysis.
- Works closely with the Operations teams to create an Autonomous Maintenance work culture and run to centerline.
- Actively reinforces key CPS concepts everyday through coaching and auditing across the organization.
- Facilitates and reacts to non-routine and crisis situations.
- Responds to and utilizes communication tools including cellular phones.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, 4 yr degree in Business Management, Organizational Development, Engineering or other related fields is preferred
- 3 yr manufacturing experience
- Three+ years experience in Continuous Improvement environment - TPM, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and related process improvement systems.
- Three+ years experience leading, guiding, and mentoring teams and individuals along with practical experience in understanding group dynamics and team development
- Three+ years in facilitating cross-functional teams; overseeing root-cause analysis, data collection, and problem solving utilizing key TPM/ CPS concepts such as "Why, Why/ How How", Phenomena Thinking, etc.
- Working knowledge of production equipment and systems including maintenance activities.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage and prioritize one#39;s own time consistent with the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and listening.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information in mathematical and/or narrative form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.