IL Works from Home
Human Resources Communications
Job Posting Title:
Manager - Communications and Engagement
The Manager - Communications and Engagement for TreeHouse Foods will leverage sound judgment, diverse communication tactics and a continuous improvement mindset to deliver high-quality work across multiple projects within stringent timelines. This individual will be curious, creative, organizationally savvy and versed in digital communication, working to develop and implement communication programs that drive awareness of and support for specific business needs. This position is a part of the Enterprise Communications and Engagement team at TreeHouse Foods and is based in Oak Brook, IL, reporting to the Senior Director of Communications, Culture and Engagement. The primary purpose of this position is to create clear and compelling communications in multiple formats, for a range of audiences, aligned with company milestones and measurement plans. The Manager - Communications and Engagement supports valuable company initiatives, provides communications counsel to internal stakeholders, collaborates cross-functionally to surface and produce quality storytelling and is comfortable coordinating complex and sometimes confidential business information. Principal Responsibilities
- 60% Enterprise - Create and implement enterprise-wide and audience-specific communications and provide ongoing, best-practice, day-to-day management of internal communications tools (e.g. intranet, digital signage, mail groups - which will include basic image and photo editing). Will coordinate research, copywriting and presentation development for a wide range of company topics, provide communications counsel to internal clients and measure the effectiveness of communications activities.
- 20% External - Proactively coordinate content strategy and content creation for employer brand / recruitment and related social media assets, including basic image and photo editing. Will actively manage and enhance audience engagement and build a following in line with metrics plans. Will also own project coordination/fact-finding/copy-editing for award opportunities (e.g. Best Places to Work) which strengthen recruitment marketing plans.
- 20% Interactivity/Engagement - Drive the continuous improvement of all internal and external digital and social media content, tools, engagement and metrics as well as actively contribute fresh, outside-in thinking to the ways we build awareness and understanding of company information, improve employee connectivity and strengthen TreeHouse Foods culture.
Specifications / Requirements for the Position Who you are:
- Natural storyteller - a curious observer who interprets, simplifies and writes about diverse subject matter for broad, cross-functional audiences (internal and external)
- Critical thinker - a proactive problem-solver who synthesizes and prioritizes activities across multiple concurrent projects and demonstrates solid time management skills
- Self-starter - a disciplined time-manager with bias for action and continuous improvement
- Outstanding influencer and collaborator - effectively interact with colleagues across functions and levels to deliver great results
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum three to five years of experience creating content in an agency or as part of a corporate communications / marketing team
- Experience writing clear, compelling copy in various styles/formats
- Experience editing and proofreading in various styles/formats with significant attention to detail
- Comfortable with basic image editing; video editing a bonus
- Comfortable developing presentations, with demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Adept at working in multiple digital and social media tools, including Microsoft SharePoint, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Familiar with social media metrics, engagement programs and guardrails
- General business and financial literacy, CPG familiarity a bonus
Working environment: This is an individual contributor, full-time, exempt position with 10% travel. The role will have a "hybrid worksite" that is partly remote and partly based at our headquarters in Oak Brook, IL.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.